The Backlog Check-in Vol. 79: 7/6/19: Dragon Quest Builders 2 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 79: 7/6/19: Dragon Quest Builders 2 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Days Gone

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Days Gone

Added: Darksiders III

I'm still playing Days Gone, and still enjoying it. It's one of the most content packed story driven open world action adventure games that I've played. Sure it has a lot of repeated stuff to do like a lot of these types of games do, but the main story missions are plentiful and there's a lot of cut scenes. What I like about the game is that it has been consistently good from the start, there hasn't been what I consider to be a drop in quality. In fact, things get a little better deeper into it. Unfortunately, the technical issues become a little worse later on. I've been experiencing a lot more frame rate drops/stuttering, pop-in and bugs where I'm at now compared to earlier in the game. It's a shame that it has these issues since it's such a well made game otherwise.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 comes out this week:

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 79: 7/6/19: Dragon Quest Builders 2 Edition

Post by canedaddy »

DQ Builders 2 is out this week? Wow. I loved the first one... too bad this one isn't on Vita. :(

Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II, Cave Story

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 37 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Cave story was fun up until the end, when there are (at least) three boss fights, some with multiple stages, and no place to save in there. That's probably my biggest gaming pet peeve. Does anybody enjoy doing the first and second bosses over and over leading up to a third?

On the RDR2 front, I'm at 90%. Working on Exotics (almost done) and Challenges (just finished Survivalist).
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 79: 7/6/19: Dragon Quest Builders 2 Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Judgment

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 29 games

Motoring along in Judgment, as I was able to put in a lot of time on July 4th and over the weekend. But I'm only in chapter 4 (side stuff keeping me busy, lol).

Didn't play DQ Builders, but that one and the new one are on my radar.