The Backlog Check-in Vol. 6: 2/10/18: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 6: 2/10/18: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I played more Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and I'm enjoying my time with it. The prologue took me five hours to get through, and was really good. The prologue is somewhat linear, and what you play before the game lets you out into the open world. The story and characters are really good, and the world is realistic looking. It's been a somewhat slow burner in terms of pace, and if constant action is your thing then this probably isn't for you. It's been a leisurely paced adventure RPG where you do more walking and talking than fighting thus far, but I expect the action to pick up later. It feels a lot like Oblivion to me, but without the fantasy elements. It's a really deep, engrossing and immersive open world RPG that allows you to approach things how you decide for the most part. It doesn't constantly push you forward, or make you feel rushed to do anything. You feel that you can play at your own pace in your own way, and I like that feeling of freedom.

However, as much as I'm currently enjoying it I'm not sure that it was worth buying on day one for $60+. A game usually has to be something that really stands out with AAA production values and polish for me to feel that it's worth that much. Kingdom Come: Deliverance admittedly seems like an older game, and feels a bit unfinished and unpolished with bugs, glitches and open world jank. I haven't experienced anything game breaking yet, but there's been enough roughness already early on to pull me out of the experience a little.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 6: 2/10/18: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:08 pm It feels a lot like Oblivion to me... It's a really deep, engrossing and immersive open world RPG that allows you to approach things how you decide for the most part. It doesn't constantly push you forward, or make you feel rushed to do anything. You feel that you can play at your own pace in your own way...
You sold me phase! Sounds like my type of game. Thanks for the impressions.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!