The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:24 amI'll never understand the venom so many have towards UC3.
I didn't realize that people did. While I personally like Uncharted 2 more than 3, I still think that 3 is a great game.
argyle wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:40 pmIf ND could have had the story they originally intended play out in 3 then maybe, but since they were forced to write out one of the main characters half-way through the game & then went on to do a copy/paste of the ending of 2 it just feels disjointed and uninspired.
This is the first that I'm hearing about this. Is there somewhere that I can read the whole story?
argyle wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:40 pmU4 is definitely the best overall
I still need to play Uncharted 4, and The Lost Legacy.
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:40 am
argyle wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:40 pmIf ND could have had the story they originally intended play out in 3 then maybe, but since they were forced to write out one of the main characters half-way through the game & then went on to do a copy/paste of the ending of 2 it just feels disjointed and uninspired.
This is the first that I'm hearing about this. Is there somewhere that I can read the whole story?
As stated in Nolan North's book "Uncharted: Drake's Journal," Amy Hennig had originally planned to have Charlie appear throughout the entire game, but had to write him out of the story due to Graham McTavish landing a role in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit (thus having to move to New Zealand for the role). This is the only reason why Charlie broke his leg in Syria.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:40 am
I didn't realize that people did. While I personally like Uncharted 2 more than 3, I still think that 3 is a great game.
There is certainly a very vocal contingent (on GAF/Resetera at least) that is never shy about voicing their utter hatred for UC3. As with most things with that community, it's pretty binary.

As for UC4, I'm really digging it. Madagascar is incredible so far.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!