The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

canedaddy

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

Post by canedaddy »

I might be day one if Drippy was back. :|

Played this week: inFamous: First Light

Finished last week: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 37 (12 PS4, 11 Vita, 7 PS2, 5 3DS, 2 PS3)

I'm breaking out of my brief gaming funk with inFamous: First Light. It's perfect for that... sucked me right in.

A super nice dude I know ( :D ) is letting me borrow The Last Guardian and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, so those are up next.
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I stopped playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance waiting for the new patch that's going to fix and improve a lot of things, it's supposed to be released any day now and then I will finish it in time for Far Cry 5 which I plan on buying on day one. I'm interested in Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom as well, but I'm going to wait and get it later when I can get it for cheaper.

I decided to post my reply to this here since the thread that it's from turned into a finance and basketball thread. :P
isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 amI guess I was thinking you could pick up an old console or look at some really obscure stuff on PC - things that don't even require a "gaming rig" to run. But you know what you like, so that's that. :P
I appreciate you giving me some suggestions on playing some stuff that might not be the norm, but when I think about it it's not really the games because I currently have 200+ PS4 games spanning just about every genre that you can think of from big budget releases to digital/indie games. I haven't even touched a lot of the stuff that I REALLY want to play. I was being a little unfair when I said that nothing seems fresh anymore, and that this gen is just a rehash of last gen because I haven't played enough games this gen to come to such conclusions. I have yet to play some of the most acclaimed games this gen.

I think that I'm just overwhelmed with so many games to play that I don't even know where to start. I feel like I have a GameStop in my house, because I pretty much have every PS4 game that I'm interested in at this point. This is the first gen that I started several years into it allowing so many games to accumulate by the time that I got the current gen console(s), I'm not used to having a 200+ game library almost right from the start.

As you might remember last gen I got my Xbox 360 on day one and most of the games that I played I "rented" from GameStop, so I would buy a pre-owned game play and finish it before the return period was due then take it back and get another one. Lather, rinse, repeat. This allowed me to play most new releases shortly after they came out, and I was always caught up with games to play. But that's not the case this gen since I came into it three years after it started with three years worth of games to play, and since a lot of them were $20 and the closest GameStop stores to me were 15 miles away I started building my PS4 collection right away and I pretty much haven't stopped over a year later. Now I have 200+ PS4 games, and I want to play them all. The hard part is deciding what to play. I have to be in the mood for certain types of games, otherwise they won't appeal to me as much when I play them.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's me more than the games that's my current problem when it comes to gaming. I admit that I've played a lot of games so far that haven't really grabbed me, but I also know that I have plenty that will. There's so many games that I'm excited to play that it's ridiculous, the hard part is deciding which to dive into and commit myself to with so many others that I want to play. I get so overwhelmed with choice that I end up not playing anything, it's crazy.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 11: 3/17/18: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:30 pm Basically what I'm trying to say is that it's me more than the games that's my current problem when it comes to gaming.

:P

I'm still drowning happily in OOTP 18. I also started up Earth Defense Force 2025 and that is some good mindless fun. I've also got to finish up the campaign in Injustice GAU.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:08 pm Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, so those are up next.
I just picked that up at Best Buy a couple of minutes ago. I figured I'd buy something before my GCU benefits run out. (I'm not renewing it, despite all I've saved. I've surrendered to the digital future, but I'll always treasure my physical collection.) I've got to get to UC4 first though.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:30 pm There's so many games that I'm excited to play that it's ridiculous, the hard part is deciding which to dive into and commit myself to with so many others that I want to play. I get so overwhelmed with choice that I end up not playing anything, it's absurd.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Virtue's Last Reward

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games

I just pre-ordered God of War & Yakuza Kiwami 2 Steelbook (out Aug 28). So I think I'm set for my next 5 months of releases.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:25 pmImage
It's just a Phase. :P
canedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 pmImage
isthatallyougot

Started up Uncharted 4, and only got through the first couple chapters, but of course, gorgeous as always. Looking forward to enjoying this farewell (?) adventure to good ol' Nate.

Maybe I'll play TLL right after. (or take a break, who knows. :P)

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Uncharted rankings: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

:D

Phase, your image didn't show up for me.
isthatallyougot

Well cane, your rankings line up with mine for the first 3, so hopefully that's a good sign. I didn't remember that you were a member of the special club that sees UC3 as the best of the PS3 trilogy. Good to know.