The Backlog Check-in Vol. 13: 3/31/18: Penny-Punching Princess Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 13: 3/31/18: Penny-Punching Princess Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:25 pm Yeah... the way they brought him to life is one of the great achievements in video game history, in my book.
no doubt

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
isthatallyougot

I can't stop playing OOTP. Halp

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

You make me afraid to give it a try.

isthatallyougot

Cane, you have NO idea. :P

It is a funny coincidence that you posted that image from OOTP (I know you're an O's fan) because I just started the post-season in the current league I'm running, and the O's and the Astros met in the AL Wild Card game just yesterday. I watched the game play out. (You can even let things unfold in real-time, if you want to waste a bunch of your time or just check in from time to time while it runs in the background, making things feel like they're really happening. :P) The O's had burned their best starters just getting to the WC game and were left starting a guy with a 6.95 era for the year. He pitched well though, but ultimately the Astros prevailed 4-2. It was a good game though.

I know I've mentioned the joys of OOTP before, but it's just so deep and flexible. Creating and playing in any way you could imagine is within your reach. I've had great fun playing in online leagues as the GM, and I've had as much fun running my own league with my own parameters, being both GM and managing every game pitch by pitch. Just re-simming the history of the MLB to see things unfold differently can be really fun and interesting as well. Lately I've been chewing on the idea of creating my own fictional league called the United States Baseball League where every state has a team, or maybe an international league where every country has a team and there will be a true World Series. I can only imagine the rivalry between the US and Russia. Crap, I'm living in my head again. :P

sonuckles

Post by sonuckles »

Hey guys, I'm still alive!

I haven't been playing too much lately. I have a handful of games on my radar right now. I haven't really kept up with what is coming out or what is the hot new thing. I still don't have a PS4 or Xbone, and I have no plans to get either of them. The only games I'm really interested in on the PS4 are The Last Guardian and Horizon Zero Dawn, and frankly, I can't justify the pricetag of a console just for 2 games. Especially when literally everything else is on PC. I guess I joined the PC master race.

Since the last time I posted, I picked up a Switch (I'm still sonuckles on there if you want to fried me), I modded the crap out of my Vita (it's perfect for catching up on PSOne titles), and, oh yeah, I've got a baby on the way (release date: August 30th).

Anyway, here's what I've been up to...

Saga Frontier 2 - Vita

Stardew Valley - Switch

Wolfenstein: The New Order - PC

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - PC

It only took a decade, but I'm finally making progress in FF12. Fast-forward REALLY helps a lot on those JRPGs.
Last edited by sonuckles on Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonuckles

Post by sonuckles »

Hey guys, I'm still alive!

I haven't been playing too much lately. I have a handful of games on my radar right now. I haven't really kept up with what is coming out or what is the hot new thing. I still don't have a PS4 or Xbone, and I have no plans to get either of them. The only games I'm really interested in on the PS4 are The Last Guardian and Horizon Zero Dawn, and frankly, I can't justify the pricetag of a console just for 2 games. Especially when literally everything else is on PC. I guess I joined the PC master race.

Since the last time I posted, I picked up a Switch (I'm still sonuckles on there if you want to fried me), I modded the crap out of my Vita (it's perfect for catching up on PSOne titles), and, oh yeah, I've got a baby on the way (release date: August 30th).

Anyway, here's what I've been up to...

Saga Frontier 2 - Vita

Stardew Valley - Switch

Wolfenstein: The New Order - PC

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - PC
isthatallyougot

sonuckles wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:28 am and, oh yeah, I've got a baby on the way (release date: August 30th).
Those things never live up to the hype! :P JK, I'm sure it will be a wonderful addition to the life of you and your partner.

Anyway, wow, never thought we'd hear from you or any of the other prodigal children from the PS2 Backlog. :P

I'm stunned.

Last edited by isthatallyougot on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isthatallyougot

oops, dp

argyle

Post by argyle »

Good to "see" you again nuckles, and congrats! :D

Now we just need to get crim back up in this piece!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

sonuckles

Post by sonuckles »

I'm surprised crim is one of the ones who vanished.
Anyway, I'll have to try and stop here once a day at least.