The Haul Thread (April 2018)

Phaseknox

The Haul Thread (April 2018)

Post by Phaseknox »

I've been wanting a Switch for a while now, but there wasn't a game available for it yet that made it worth getting IMO. But I have to have Penny-Pinching Prince$$ on day one, so I bought a Switch and prepaid in full Penny-Pinching Prince$$. Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

There are a few other Switch games that I'm mildly interested in like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I can wait to get those when they're dirt cheap.
canedaddy

Re: The Haul Thread (April 2018)

Post by canedaddy »

How about that. So how much does a Switch and any needed accessories cost these days?
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

I don't know, but I won $150 in an NCAA bracket pool (I got 1st, 2nd place is up for grabs depending on who wins tonight). I could put that towards a Switch...
argyle

Post by argyle »

There aren't really any "have to have" accessories. Some are nice - a standard controller depending on what type of game you're playing maybe. I also buy screen protectors for any device I own, but that's not very much.

BTW, I picked up Far Cry 5 today. After what Phase said I did a little research, and I quickly discovered that most of the extreme left-leaning review sites disliked the game because it *isn't* what I was afraid it was going to be. So I decided to give it a go & see for myself. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:36 pm There aren't really any "have to have" accessories. Some are nice - a standard controller depending on what type of game you're playing maybe. I also buy screen protectors for any device I own, but that's not very much.
You don't need a micro SD? Feel like I've heard about people running out of memory with one or two games...
argyle wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:36 pm BTW, I picked up Far Cry 5 today. After what Phase said I did a little research, and I quickly discovered that most of the extreme left-leaning review sites disliked the game because it *isn't* what I was afraid it was going to be. So I decided to give it a go & see for myself. :)
Ha! Please pass along your firsthand thoughts on the subject.
jfissel wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:41 pm I don't know, but I won $150 in an NCAA bracket pool (I got 1st, 2nd place is up for grabs depending on who wins tonight). I could put that towards a Switch...
Congrats! I'm in for the same amount if I win my fantasy hockey championship. I'm barely leading halfway through the two-week championship battle. I might put it away for a Switch if I manage to pull it off.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:21 pmHow about that.
You know that was an April Fools' Day joke, right? :P
argyle wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:36 pmI picked up Far Cry 5 today. After what Phase said I did a little research, and I quickly discovered that most of the extreme left-leaning review sites disliked the game because it *isn't* what I was afraid it was going to be. So I decided to give it a go & see for myself. :)
Yeah, those review sites are ridiculous IMO. I'm glad that you decided to get it, and I look forward to your impressions of it.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
Last Stitch Goodnight
Thimbleweed Park
Vesta
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 pm You know that was an April Fools' Day joke, right? :P
argyle

Post by argyle »

Had my eye on this CE since they announced it, because I thought it was very original. They dropped the price on it today at GS to $35, so I jumped on it. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
Amnesia Collection
Limbo
School Girl Zombie Hunter
Styx: Master of Shadows
Styx: Shards of Darkness
2Dark