The Backlog Check-in Vol. 15: 4/14/18: God of War Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 15: 4/14/18: God of War Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:12 pmIf done right, that can be incredibly fun. I think Platinum. They do so many "nonsensical" games that are utterly brilliant. From what you said, this doesn't sound to be in that league, though.
The nonsense of it didn't really bother me because I found it amusing, it was more that nothing at all was explained. It seems like a game based on an anime or manga where you're supposed to already be familiar with the story and characters, but it's not.

Spoilers...

The game starts out at night, and shows a bunch of zombies invading a school with a female student running holding a pistol. She mentions something about needing to find her friend, and the game begins with you shooting some zombies. Then it shows a story scene of her finding her friend inside the school, and they go to a room with an intercom/radio to tell any other people in the school to meet them there. There's three more female students with guns in the school fighting zombies. Why are they still at school at night? Why do they have guns? Why are they the only ones still there? Why don't they just make a run for it instead of staying at the school infested with zombies?

Furthermore, what's the zombie leader's (who's a zombie) motive for attacking the school? Why is he the only zombie that can talk? Why does he have a giant base underneath the school? Why does he have zombies emerge from portal gates around the school? Why did he make zombie copies of the five female students? None of this is explained. I can accept absurdity and nonsense in a game like this, but some attempt at explaining this stuff would have been nice regardless of how ridiculous that it was.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:22 am
Why are they still at school at night? Why do they have guns? Why are they the only ones still there? Why don't they just make a run for it instead of staying at the school infested with zombies?

Furthermore, what's the zombie leader's (who's a zombie) motive for attacking the school? Why is he the only zombie that can talk? Why does he have a giant base underneath the school? Why does he have zombies emerge from portal gates around the school? Why did he make zombie copies of the five female students?
Who cares! :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Just sitting here waiting for God of War to arrive. ;)

The Yakuza 6 After Hours Premium Edition is pretty neat. I like the etched glasses & whiskey stones and the art book is really cool. About half of it is amazing fan art and the other half is character art from Yakuza 6 plus the tattoos from series main characters.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 amJust sitting here waiting for God of War to arrive. ;)
I just got home with my copy, I'm going to start it soon. Did you take the day off to play it?
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:31 pm
jfissel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 amJust sitting here waiting for God of War to arrive. ;)
I just got home with my copy, I'm going to start it soon. Did you take the day off to play it?
Not specifically. I just needed a day off and those things just happened to coincide.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:52 pmNot specifically. I just needed a day off and those things just happened to coincide.

:P
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Haha, well it's true. The game didn't even arrive until 1:30pm and I would've left work at like 2pm. So there's very little difference in possible play time.

The game is great so far. I'm in the 2nd area, looking for a lot of collectibles & items along the way.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pmThe game is great so far. I'm in the 2nd area, looking for a lot of collectibles & items along the way.
How long did it take for you to download the updates? I wasn't ready to dive into the game right when I came home with it, so I ate lunch, did some stuff around the house, took a little nap and just recently put the game in to play it and it showed a couple of updates. The first took thirty minutes to download, but the second takes three hours. WTF? If I knew that the updates were going to take a few hours to download then I would have put the game in my PS4 as soon as I got home with it, now I'm not going to get to play it for another three hours.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:41 pm
jfissel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pmThe game is great so far. I'm in the 2nd area, looking for a lot of collectibles & items along the way.
How long did it take for you to download the updates? I wasn't ready to dive into the game right when I came home with it, so I ate lunch, did some stuff around the house, took a little nap and just recently put the game in to play it and it showed a couple of updates. The first took thirty minutes to download, but the second takes three hours. WTF? If I knew that the updates were going to take a few hours to download then I would have put the game in my PS4 as soon as I got home with it, now I'm not going to get to play it for another three hours.
Yeah, that second update took 40 mins since it's over 6.5GB. Definitely delayed my starting time.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:19 pmthat second update took 40 mins since it's over 6.5GB. Definitely delayed my starting time.
It only took forty minutes to download for you? You must have much faster internet than me, and I thought that mine was fairly fast. That's not too much of a delay, nothing compared to my three and a half hour delay.