The Backlog Check-in Vol. 21: 5/26/18: Memorial Day Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 21: 5/26/18: Memorial Day Edition

Post by jfissel »

Happy Memorial Day tomorrow!

Finished: Day of the Tentacle Remastered (platinum)

Now Playing: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 29 games

Started Yakuza 6 and the new game engine is gorgeous. They changed up the fighting a bit, so I'm still trying to get used to it and the new leveling system. Can't wait to see what this story brings!
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 21: 5/26/18: Memorial Day Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played last week: Final Fantasy III and God of War

Finished last week:

Added to backlog: GTA Trilogy 8-)

Current backlog: 38 (12 PS4, 11 Vita, 7 PS2, 5 3DS, 2 PS3)

I got to the credits in GoW yesterday. BOY, is that a great game. (GET IT??) The ending, including the twist, were excellent in my book.

Now I'm rounding up the collectibles I missed and fighting the extra fights (in two worlds with challenges, plus Valkyries). I'm just getting started in that last area and I'm already considering dropping the difficulty. :D izzy will love it.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

I've already gotten bogged down in side stuff in Yakuza 6, but let me just say that there are some crazy minigames already. For one, I have to find stray cats (and get them to like me) for a cat cafe. There's a live chat minigame that is straight up hilarious. Libido Man in 0 was funny, but this is something else...you are basically in a chat room with NPCs watching a cam girl strip. You have to hit buttons to type things, but meanwhile the other characters are saying crazy stuff. I laughed out loud quite a bit at their comments and usernames.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm sure I will love GOW cane. Most everything you and everyone else here has said makes it sound like a blast. And of course, the production values will melt my face, no doubt.

And j, that's one of the best things about my experience with Yakuza (the only one I played) - all the various things to do. And I'm sure they've greatly expanded on that concept since the first.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:21 pm And j, that's one of the best things about my experience with Yakuza (the only one I played) - all the various things to do. And I'm sure they've greatly expanded on that concept since the first.
They've expanded, but also pared it down at times. And in Y6, they definitely reduced the number of things to do. However, there are several new minigames and side things that helps keep it fresh. I'm now in chapter 3 and in a brand new city for the series (yay!).
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Sounds good j!

I'm still slowly working through Digital Devil Saga, and still loving it. I seem to have hit a patch where I'm just not able to find time to game much at all. And it seems to be coinciding with this boards drawn out eulogy. High level government conspiracy? Seems likely. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

A new city, huh? That's great to hear.

Just want to say, I can see why y'all dropped the difficulty down in GoW. There is zero chance I could get where I want to go without doing that, though I haven't caved yet.