The Backlog Check-in Vol. 22: 6/2/18: Onrush Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 22: 6/2/18: Onrush Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 pm Played some new minigames in Y6 and I think Izzy will be all over one of them. The first is spearfishing, where you actually dive underwater and have to complete a course while getting attacked by fish. All of the creatures you spear get you experience and cash. The second game is baseball. Yes, there's been batting cages forever (and they still have those in Y6), but this is basically a management sim. You recruit better players by completing substories and then assign players to positions, train them, assemble your batting order, and then play other teams. You even have to control the hitter, like the batting cage minigame, a few times a game.
What the?! And I still haven't even started 0! I'll never get there. :cry: I did really love the batting cages in Y1 though.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:54 am
jfissel wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 pm Played some new minigames in Y6 and I think Izzy will be all over one of them. The first is spearfishing, where you actually dive underwater and have to complete a course while getting attacked by fish. All of the creatures you spear get you experience and cash. The second game is baseball. Yes, there's been batting cages forever (and they still have those in Y6), but this is basically a management sim. You recruit better players by completing substories and then assign players to positions, train them, assemble your batting order, and then play other teams. You even have to control the hitter, like the batting cage minigame, a few times a game.
What the?! And I still haven't even started 0! I'll never get there. :cry: I did really love the batting cages in Y1 though.
Yep, here's the best video I could find of the baseball management sim (it's in Japanese, but you can see what's happening):

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm
Yep, here's the best video I could find of the baseball management sim (it's in Japanese, but you can see what's happening):

That looks really cool! I love how Yakuza incorporates so much variety and little diversions. It just gives things a breadth/depth that makes you get lost in the world. And this is speaking from someone who's only played one entry.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

You all are killing me with the great impressions on Y6 and Onrush.

Meanwhile, I'm still over here running through the mists of Nifelheim. :lol:
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 am You all are killing me with the great impressions on Y6 and Onrush.

Meanwhile, I'm still over here running through the mists of Nifelheim. :lol:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

:lol:

Niflheim is fun for a while, cane. How many more of the optional bosses do you have left?
argyle

Post by argyle »

What it feels like to play Onrush:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:03 am Image
jfissel wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:00 pm :lol:

Niflheim is fun for a while, cane. How many more of the optional bosses do you have left?
Five or six. That will be my focus after Niflheim.