The Backlog Check-in Vol. 24: 6/16/18: New Gundam Breaker Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 24: 6/16/18: New Gundam Breaker Edition

Post by argyle »

I'm probably the only one here who's looking forward to this I know, but the upcoming New Gundam Breaker looks awesome. This is also the first game in the series that's being released in the US I believe (I know I had to import the last one). Hack 'n slash gameplay meets crazy customization - what's not to love? :)

Games added: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Little Nightmares Complete Ed.

Last week: Finished nothing, played ESO, a little Diablo 3 & a little Bloodstained. Really didn't play a ton of anything tho.

This week: More of those most likely.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 24: 6/16/18: New Gundam Breaker Edition

Post by canedaddy »

That video made me sad we never got Steambot Chronicles 2.

It looks like a fun game, though. Are Gundams toys? Human-size robots? Giants? Is that a co-op game?

Played this week: Final Fantasy III and God of War

Finished this week: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 38 (12 PS4, 11 Vita, 7 PS2, 5 3DS, 2 PS3)

Same old same old for me. Doing end-of-game stuff in GoW (izzy, I predict you will really like it) and about three-quarters of the way through FFIII.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games

I'm about halfway through the Y6 story and I'm making good progress on substories and minigames. I'd like to finish it by the end of this month, so I can start knocking out some other games before the Fall onslaught.
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:03 pm That video made me sad we never got Steambot Chronicles 2.

It looks like a fun game, though. Are Gundams toys? Human-size robots? Giants? Is that a co-op game?
Gundams in the fiction are giant robot mechs. But in Japan there's a huge subculture built around building the toy models of them, and these games are about building and fighting the toy models of the giant robots. From Wikipedia:
Gundam models are model kits depicting the vehicles and characters of the fictional Gundam multiverse by Bandai. These kits have become popular among mecha anime fans and model enthusiasts in Japan and in other nearby Asian countries since the 1980s. Gundam modeling spread in the 1990s with North America and Europe being exposed to Gundam through television, video and manga. Gundam models, as well as the hobby of assembling and painting them, is known in Japan as Gunpla (ガンプラ Ganpura), a portmanteau of "Gundam plastic model", plastic being the most common material for the retail kits.
Confused yet? :P

I want to say the game has multiplayer, but honestly I haven't looked into it too deeply. Don't have anyone to play it with anyway since it isn't Tam's thing. ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:03 pm (izzy, I predict you will really like it)
I'm sure you're right. I'll get to it sooner or later, hopefully. I have honestly hit a wall in terms of gaming. About all I'm able to get in at the moment is a few OOTP games every now and then. Just too much on the plate at the moment.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

I'm starting to think I curse myself when I create a thread & name it after a game I'm looking forward to. I found out there was a Japanese demo for New Gundam Breaker so I grabbed it to make sure it was day-1 material - it's not. The last one felt better, this one feels clunky and has a nasty "hard lock" that forces the camera to what you're fighting & makes it difficult to do anything really. Granted, I couldn't READ any of the tutorial since it was all in Japanese, and the game is still something I am somewhat interested in...but not for full price. :(

Oh well, better to find out beforehand I suppose.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Please don't make threads about RDR2 or DQXI. :p

Phase has been MIA for a while now. Hope it's just a ... phase ... and he hasn't moved on to the great console in the sky.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah hopefully phase is alright. I know he said he was dealing with some issues with ill parent(s), I believe. Well, as we each check out, it will remain a mystery to those of us who remain. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:58 pmPhase has been MIA for a while now. Hope it's just a ... phase ... and he hasn't moved on to the great console in the sky.
isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:21 pmYeah hopefully phase is alright. I know he said he was dealing with some issues with ill parent(s), I believe.
Glad to see the concern for me. I was just going through a phase. :P I was feeling a little depressed, and mentally and physically drained from assisting my parents every day. I just didn't feel like doing much, and was "playing" a lot of Second Life and marathoning YouTube videos. But I'm feeling a little better now.

I tried getting back into Far Cry 5, but couldn't. It just wasn't clicking with me like it originally did, and I was actually finding it kind of dumb. The story is rather ridiculous, the characters are unrealistic, I don't like playing as a silent protagonist and the missions are repetitive. The graphics, music and gameplay are all top notch, but it just feels like it's lacking real substance.

I started playing Tales of Zestiria because I was in the mood for a JRPG, but it's been average so far. The story is decent and the characters are somewhat likable, but the graphics are dated, bland and flat and the dungeons are blocky mazes. The combat is alright, but nothing too exciting. It somewhat lacks the charm and personality of previous Tales games, and comes across as a generic JRPG for the most part. I'm liking the story and characters enough to stick with it for now, but I'm not sure that it will hold my interest until the end.

As for E3, there wasn't too much that REALLY excited me. There's a lot of games coming that look good, but don't have me salivating at the mouth for them. I guess that I'm just getting a little burned out on action games, shooters and sequels. I would like to see more adventure focused games, pure RPGs (not hybrids) and new IPs. The Last of Us Part II stood out the most for me not because of its girl on girl kiss, but because of its brutal, raw and realistic take on survival horror.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Glad you are alive!
Phaseknox wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:02 pm I guess that I'm just getting a little burned out on action games, shooters and sequels.
Phaseknox wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:02 pm The Last of Us Part II stood out the most for me...