The Haul Thread (July 2018)

isthatallyougot

Re: The Haul Thread (July 2018)

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 pm PS4 digital games

Siren
Phase, I would LOVE to hear your response to playing Siren. I can only imagine... :P (I'm assuming this is the PS2 version and not the PS3 remake - not sure exactly what's available on the PS4 store.)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

It's the original PS2 Siren which is apparently better than the PS3 reimagining which is said to have a weaker story and cast of characters along with worse sight jacking and is streamlined and watered down to be a more accessible experience. Which version did you play?

I can't believe that Siren 2 wasn't released in North America, that SUCKS!!!!
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 pm Which version did you play?

I can't believe that Siren 2 wasn't released in North America, that SUCKS!!!!
I played the PS2 version, and it's a great game. I just don't think it's "phase-friendly". That's why I'd love to hear your response to playing it. ;) It's not a game for the impatient or easily frustrated, but fire it up and let me know what you think one day.

I also imported the PS3 version/remake long ago, but haven't played it, and I also wish that Siren 2 was released here, too bad.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:50 pmI played the PS2 version, and it's a great game. I just don't think it's "phase-friendly". That's why I'd love to hear your response to playing it. ;) It's not a game for the impatient or easily frustrated, but fire it up and let me know what you think one day.
I'm a big fan of Japanese horror, so I'm expecting to like it. But if I find it to be frustrating then of course I'll stop playing it. One review said that a walkthrough is required to get through it, and I don't like games that require walkthroughs so that's a concern.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:50 pmI also imported the PS3 version/remake long ago, but haven't played it
I'm curious to hear how you feel that the original and reimagining compare.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:50 pmI also wish that Siren 2 was released here, too bad.
They could release it digitally because there are PS2 games from Europe and Japan on the PSN store.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:11 pm
I'm curious to hear how you feel that the original and reimagining compare.
Yeah, if I ever play it, I'll chime in. I'm certain it's more approachable and forgiving, but that might take away some of the charm of the original, in this case, I think.