The Backlog Check-in Vol. 28: 7/14/18: Frost Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 28: 7/14/18: Frost Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:14 pm I decided to play Dark Cloud 2 to see how it compares, and wow what a difference. There's really no comparison, DC2 is improved substantially in every conceivable way compared to the first game. It's simply baffling how Level 5 put it out two short years after the original, because it looks and plays like a late gen PS2 game instead of an early one. I remember being impressed with its graphics when it originally came out, but the core game failed to hold my interest for very long since I wasn't really into the dungeon grinding and town building at the time. I have a feeling that I will appreciate it more now, I'm already really impressed with it story, characters, graphics and gameplay. It has big production values, and on the PS4 it looks as good if not better than some last gen games. It's easily one of the best looking PS2 games, and still holds up today.
Such a great game. It's too bad we'll never see a DC3.

Well fellas, I'm headed to the East Coast tomorrow morning for a much-needed vacation. It's possible I'll check back in, but if not, have a great week or two.