The Backlog Check-in Vol. 32: 8/11/18: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 32: 8/11/18: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm Well I got in a lot of time today with No Man's Sky, and after a few bumps (a roadblock due to bad guidance in the tutorial and then the mysterious loss of all of my inventory) I soldiered on and it got its hooks in me pretty good. I did some more exploring on my first planet and it is MASSIVE, like every part of a giant globe actually has stuff there. To think there's a whole galaxy of that... or universe... it's mind blowing.
I had soured on NMS a bit after the initial release blowup, despite great interest in the premise. But as things have continued to develop, I've got a real hunger to play this as well. I'll pick it up on steam sooner or later. As you expressed, just the enormity of the experience is awe-inducing, no doubt.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 32: 8/11/18: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 amPhase, thanks for the Mirror's Edge impressions, I have been reading this thread even tho I'm just now posting (there's been a lot of stressful real world stuff going on over the past week or so). I have the game and had popped it in a couple months ago looking for something to play, but it really didn't click with me. After what you've said I think I'm gonna trade it in, it sounds like it isn't really worth my time compared to other games in my backlog I haven't gotten to yet. I'll also be curious to hear what you think of Life is Strange - I've played that one, just curious to hear what your take on it will be.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with a lot of unpleasant real world stuff lately, I hope that things improve. As for Mirror's Edge Catalyst, it's not very good. I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but it was disappointing compared to the first game. And as for Life is Strange, I posted some spoiler free impressions of it in the latest backlog thread.