The Backlog Check-in Vol. 33: 8/18/18: Shenmue I & II Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 33: 8/18/18: Shenmue I & II Edition

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:28 am I finished Blackwood Crossing, and it was a pretty average experience. It's an extremely short and linear first person adventure "game" (it's barely a game) with some very light puzzle solving. It's basically an interactive story where the story is told in-game while you're playing, it's not cinematic with cut scenes. You're supposed to piece together the story while playing, and while I got the general gist of it - it was still confusing and hard to follow with a lot of unanswered questions. I can't remember the last time that I played such a short game, it was over quickly and didn't seem like a complete experience. While it had its moments, it's not something that I needed to play.
Thanks, I had this one on my watch list - I'll remove it now.

Also, I managed to get one of the 500 million LE PS4 Pro's. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Nice! Those are so pretty.

I started playing Stardew Valley on Vita and it is super addictive. Have any of y'all played it?
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:40 am Also, I managed to get one of the 500 million LE PS4 Pro's. :D
Nice!

I've got to get back to my PS4 and its backlog. I'm going to hook it up again soon. My wife and I split, so things have been in a bit of upheaval. (I'm moving out.) But I've bought another place and am almost finished moving, so I'll get back into the console scene again pretty soon, I suppose - if I can ever tear myself away from OOTP. (Don't worry about my split. We're on good terms and both happy with the situation. We're as friendly towards each other as we have ever been - maybe moreso since we're not making each other miserable. :P And our child is fine and happy too.) I will say that it is an interesting shift to be single after almost 20 years of marriage. I had forgotten the pleasures of bachelorhood. Of course as with all things, it has its pros and cons, but right now I'm loving life. The sense of "I don't need permission to do this - I don't have to compromise in order to have a pleasant time" is almost overwhelming in its freedom presently. I'm not advocating divorce, but I'm just noticing an unanticipated serendipity.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Whoa. Sorry to hear that, but it's good that you're son is handling it well.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm The sense of "I don't need permission to do this - I don't have to compromise in order to have a pleasant time" is almost overwhelming in its freedom presently.
That has to be No. 1 on the pros list.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:14 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm The sense of "I don't need permission to do this - I don't have to compromise in order to have a pleasant time" is almost overwhelming in its freedom presently.
That has to be No. 1 on the pros list.
Ya think? ;)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!