Real Life Thread

DiscipleGeek
Site Admin

Real Life Thread

Post by DiscipleGeek »

We lost the original Real Life Thread back in the great Forum Wipe and no one recreated it. But with all the real-life things happening lately, (as they tend to) I figured I would make a new one for us to use.

And of course, take the opportunity to brag about my real life event.

Today my wife gave birth to our fourth child, Wendy.
IMG_20180918_172000.jpg
And here's the happy family.
IMG_20180918_190604.jpg
isthatallyougot

Re: Real Life Thread

Post by isthatallyougot »

Congratulations!

You have a beautiful family! :)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Congrats DG! You have a happy looking family there. :)

In online discussion forums such as this where we're pretty much only known by our avatars and usernames there's a bit of a disconnect (at least for me) between the online world and the real one, and sometimes I think that I get too caught up in the online one to where I feel like I'm interacting with AI instead of with real people. :P Of course I know that I'm interacting with real people, but seeing pictures of them brings it more into reality if that makes sense.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Congrats! Welcome to the world, Wendy!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Beautiful baby and family! Congrats, DG!
stawnkald

Post by stawnkald »

So, guys. It’s been what, 3 years? I keep remembering to stop by but life. Randomly checked the site the other day and saw things were new and made a point to sign up again. :D

Since my, uh, sabbatical, I’ve switched jobs again - working at the same place my wife does, different jobs but same company. Oh, that’s right, wife. :lol: I got married again in March of 2016 and things are great! In fact as I alluded to, I have a kid of my own now. :D :D :D She was born in August 2017 and of course is daddy’s girl, stealing his controller all the time. She has an NES teether, naturally. I’ll post some pics when I get to a computer, typing this on my iPad.

So that catches you up on what’s going on with me. Life’s busy but I’ll stick around. :)
argyle

Post by argyle »

That's all great news Stawn, sounds like things are going good over your way. Always great to hear! :D

BTW, sorry it took me a bit to get you out of new user status - ppl join us so rarely that I forgot how. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Outstanding, stawn. Congrats on the baby girl... they're the best (sorry izzy, facts are facts!).

Do you still live in Phoenix? I moved here a couple of years ago, believe it or not. My daughter got married and I soon will be a grandfather. Brother, you have no idea how fast they go from tiny person to almost mother. :cry: Enjoy the ride.
stawnkald

Post by stawnkald »

I do! I live out in Peoria. What brought you here? Your daughter being married and having a baby, holy crap. Last time I was around here, she was in college! Guess it has been a while. :p
argyle wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm BTW, sorry it took me a bit to get you out of new user status - ppl join us so rarely that I forgot how. :P
Ha, no problem. After I posted and saw the "post needs reviewing" I was like uh, hey I just got busy with life, I didn't burn any bridges with y'all! :lol: :lol:
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

stawnkald wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 am I do! I live out in Peoria. What brought you here? Your daughter being married and having a baby, holy crap. Last time I was around here, she was in college! Guess it has been a while. :p
I came out here for the job. I had been laid off and a great position came up in Anthem. Turns out this is a pretty amazing place to live.

As much as I love it, though, we might find ourselves heading back east in a year or so. Family stuff.