The Backlog Check-in Vol. 40: 10/6/18: Disgaea 1 Complete Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 40: 10/6/18: Disgaea 1 Complete Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Burnout Paradise Remastered, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Constructor

Last week: Finished nothing, played a crapton of Burnout

This week: Burnout & AC:O. Maybe something on the Switch too.

I didn't pickup AC:O until yesterday, so I haven't really played any of it yet. I grabbed Burnout for $9 in the PSN sale, and was instantly re-addicted to it. Such a great game.

I figured the Disgaea 1 remake is the only release of the week that any of us probably have an interest in. Anyone planning on picking it up at any point?
disgaea1complete.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 40: 10/6/18: Disgaea 1 Complete Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games

~83 hours into DQ XI and now in the postgame stuff. I completed the main story in 71:30, so that can give people here an idea of how long it'll take (you know I like to do a lot of extra stuff and I did).
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 pm I figured the Disgaea 1 remake is the only release of the week that any of us probably have an interest in. Anyone planning on picking it up at any point?
I'll likely get it on Switch, if I ever get a Switch, since no version of it is available on Vita, for some stupid reason.

Played last week: Stardew Valley

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35 (13 PS4, 9 Vita, 6 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

I'm still addicted to Stardew. In Year 3, raking in bundles of cash and building a farm empire. :)
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 pm
argyle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 pm I figured the Disgaea 1 remake is the only release of the week that any of us probably have an interest in. Anyone planning on picking it up at any point?
I'll likely get it on Switch, if I ever get a Switch, since no version of it is available on Vita, for some stupid reason.
The Vita is dead cane, let it go.

Trust me, when you finally cave & get a Switch, you'll love it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

stawnkald

Post by stawnkald »

Hi guys, I am new here. :lol:

I am playing Assassin's Creed, Forza Horizon 4, and Zelda on my Switch when I am denied access to the television. I bought WWE 2K19 for whatever reason.

That's my game update. Busy at work but I'll go into the real life thread to update on life and stuff. I got a kid now. :mrgreen:
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

stawnkald wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:25 pm Hi guys, I am new here. :lol:

I am playing Assassin's Creed, Forza Horizon 4, and Zelda on my Switch when I am denied access to the television. I bought WWE 2K19 for whatever reason.

That's my game update. Busy at work but I'll go into the real life thread to update on life and stuff. I got a kid now. :mrgreen:
Wow, there's a blast from the past! I think you'll find our board is a little...bored. :P Nice to have an old face(?) back. Now where's crim and 'nuckles and the rest?

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

I found a good way to level my party in DQ XI, so after spending ~3 hours on that strategy my party is now level 99 (up from mid-high 50s). There are still a decent amount of postgame stuff to complete, but it'll be much easier with the higher stats my characters now have...some of those fights are really tough unless you have the right strategy and/or equipment at lower levels.