The Backlog Check-in Vol. 46: 11/17/18: Wreckfest Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 46: 11/17/18: Wreckfest Edition

Post by jfissel »

Spiritual successor to FlatOut? Could be fun.

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Red Dead Redemption II

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 46: 11/17/18: Wreckfest Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Fall of Light

Last week: Finished Tomba!, played Fallout 76

This week: More Fallout, some Spyro and I started Yoku's Island Express on the Switch

I've been on a weird old-school game kick lately. I was playing around with my RetroPie and wanted to see how it handled PSOne games. I had a handful I had previously copied, and Tomba! was one of those, so I went with it. Before I knew it, I was wrapped up in it. Still a great game, even tho it has some overly obtuse puzzles here & there and the platforming can be a bit iffy at times. Has a ton of charm tho. Will probably play through the second one in a few months.

Tam and I are loving Fallout so far. Dunno what all the hate around the 'net is about, but it feels like Fallout and it's a blast to play with someone else.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Wreckfest looks cool. Hope it has the fun factor of Flat-out.

Played last week: Stardew Valley, Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (14 PS4, 9 Vita, 6 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

It's been a busy week... almost missed this one.

Nothing new to report. Having a blast with RDR2 and doing a few last things in Stardew.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still playing Yakuza 0 and, of course, OOTP.

So, I finally got around to finishing the batting cages with perfect scores in all of them. (The Super Gold Rush was pretty tough) Anyway, I was expecting a trophy or something for completing that, (I don't care about it, but I expected it, given the challenge.) but I got nothing - other than the monetary reward. It didn't even give a stinking CP (completion point). I couldn't believe that. Very surprising. It's no big deal because the fun of it was its own reward, but I expected some kind of in-game acknowledgment.

Anyway, I'm still loving it. I just got to the point where Kazuma travels to Sotenbori. I think I'm getting pretty close to the climax. I've put over 80 hours into it so far, but I've spent so much time just farting around.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!