PS2 Backlog Committee's Top 10 Games of 2018

isthatallyougot

Re: PS2 Backlog Committee's Top 10 Games of 2018

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:34 pm How long did it take you to finish it the first time? I'm surprised that it can be finished in just a little over an hour even speed-running through it. It can't offer much in terms of content if that's the case.
It was pretty normal length for a R&C title. Maybe subsequent runs were closer to two hours, but maxed out weaponry makes things incredibly quick -but still so fun.
Phaseknox wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:34 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 amI've played 550+ hours
:shock:
I kind of enjoy it. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Izzy, if you haven't played Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, you should do that this year.
isthatallyougot

jfissel wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm Izzy, if you haven't played Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, you should do that this year.
Thanks for the recommendation j. I'll probably do that.

argyle

Post by argyle »

Very nice list Izzy. I had a hunch what your number 1 would be, but there were several others I didn't realize (or had forgotten) you played last year. Glad to see you enjoyed Until Dawn as much as I did, as I think we're of the same mind on the David Cage games. If you didn't already know, the Until Dawn guys have a new game coming out this year that isn't a sequel but more of a spiritual successor to that game, Man of Medan:

I also loved the R&C remake and feel like it's an overlooked gem in the PS4's library. While Spidy is hardly overlooked, it definitely has that Insomniac polish and is an incredibly fun game that you'd probably enjoy as well.

Oh, and Lost Legacy is on my short list as well. Are Izzy and I the only two who haven't played it yet?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 am Very nice list Izzy. I had a hunch what your number 1 would be, but there were several others I didn't realize (or had forgotten) you played last year. Glad to see you enjoyed Until Dawn as much as I did, as I think we're of the same mind on the David Cage games. If you didn't already know, the Until Dawn guys have a new game coming out this year that isn't a sequel but more of a spiritual successor to that game, Man of Medan:

I also loved the R&C remake and feel like it's an overlooked gem in the PS4's library. While Spidy is hardly overlooked, it definitely has that Insomniac polish and is an incredibly fun game that you'd probably enjoy as well.

Oh, and Lost Legacy is on my short list as well. Are Izzy and I the only two who haven't played it yet?
Oh I definitely want to get to Spidy, but it won't be for a while. Spidy has been my favorite super hero since I was a child, and what I've seen looks great.

Man of Medan looks interesting. I like ocean / underwater settings as well. Hopefully it lives up to UD.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 amIf you didn't already know, the Until Dawn guys have a new game coming out this year that isn't a sequel but more of a spiritual successor to that game, Man of Medan
I didn't know about it, but it looks good. It's the first in a series called The Dark Pictures Anthology. I still need to play Until Dawn, I'll probably get to it sometime this year.
argyle wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 amLost Legacy is on my short list as well. Are Izzy and I the only two who haven't played it yet?
Yeah, because cane, j and I have all played it.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Great write-ups, izzy! You got me more excited for Yakuza 0, which is sitting on my shelf. Probably won't get to it until 2020 or beyond, but still...