The Backlog Check-in Vol. 49: 12/8/18

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 49: 12/8/18

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Red Dead Redemption II

I've been making good progress in Red Dead Redemption II, I'm in chapter 5 and things have been picking up especially from a story standpoint. I take back some of my previous complaints with it since it has gotten a little more adventurous and exciting, but the constant shootouts make it feel like Max Payne 3 at times. Similar to the Yakuza games, I'm playing it more for the story and characters than for the gameplay since most of the gameplay boils down to horseback riding and shooting. But as an overall gaming experience it has been really good, and I expect to finish before the end of the year and it will make my top 5 if I do.

There's no edition this week because nothing is coming out this week.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 49: 12/8/18

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Red Dead Redemption II (36.6%, no idea on hours, in chapter 3)

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 34 games

Made it to chapter 3 in RDR II, spent some time doing camp requests and other side stuff. I'm off work this week, so I'll have plenty of time to play.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I made it to chapter 6 in Red Dead Redemption II last night which is the last chapter of the game. Chapter 5 was pretty short especially compared to the previous chapters. The story is wrapping up, so I expect to have it finished soon.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Red Dead Redemption II last night. You can read my final impressions of it in the Red Dead Redemption II impressions thread.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Cool, I'll check it out. I'm in chapter 3 still, getting sidetracked by stranger missions and other optional stuff. I hope to be in chapter 4 by the end of the weekend...we'll see!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I started up the Ratchet PS4 remake, and I'm enjoying it just like all the other entries. Something about the series is just so fun. Must be all the bolts. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I'm a big fan of the Ratchet & Clank series as well, and I'm looking forward to playing the PS4 version when the mood strikes me.