The Haul Thread - 2019

argyle

The Haul Thread - 2019

Post by argyle »

I've been meaning to post these for a couple of weeks now. Some stuff I either picked up with some Christmas money and/or just finally arrived in the mail:
IMG_20190102_162741.jpg
IMG_20190102_162839.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Haul Thread - 2019

Post by canedaddy »

The rabbit girl hammer simulator looks good. :P What is it?
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:17 pmThe rabbit girl hammer simulator looks good.
I thought that you didn't like that style of anime. :P

I thought that Fast Striker looked interesting until I looked it up and discovered that it's an arcade flying shooter. I used to like those back in the day, but not so much now.
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:17 pm The rabbit girl hammer simulator looks good. :P What is it?
Yeah, I'm hoping the gameplay outweighs the weird-girl-in-a-bunny-suit factor on that one. ;) It's a Metroidvania, and you know I'm a sucker for those.

Only one of that first batch that I've gotten to try out so far is Battle Princess Madelyn, and it makes an EXCELLENT first impression. The story goes that the guy who made it did so for his daughter, because she liked to watch him play Ghosts & Goblins but was asking why the main character couldn't be a girl. So far it's a fantastic homage to G&G without the insane difficulty.

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 amI'm hoping the gameplay outweighs the weird-girl-in-a-bunny-suit factor on that one. ;)
What's weird about that? :P
argyle wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 am
That looks really good. It's yet another game that I added to my to buy list. By the way, are you going to make a top 10 most anticipated games of 2019 list?
argyle

Post by argyle »

IMG_20190117_023227.jpg

argyle

Post by argyle »

IMG_20190122_205944.jpg

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I ought to finish up the Onimusha series argyle. I've played and enjoyed 1 & 2 (long ago). I've got 3 and Dawn of Dreams in my backlog - for so long, obviously. I should do that.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 am I ought to finish up the Onimusha series argyle. I've played and enjoyed 1 & 2 (long ago). I've got 3 and Dawn of Dreams in my backlog - for so long, obviously. I should do that.
Dawn of Dreams is the only one I never finished. I remember it feeling pretty different from the first 3, but it's been so long I can't remember how. I mainly picked up the port of the original one to "vote with my wallet" for a new one in the series, or at the very least ports of the others.

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:29 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 am I ought to finish up the Onimusha series argyle. I've played and enjoyed 1 & 2 (long ago). I've got 3 and Dawn of Dreams in my backlog - for so long, obviously. I should do that.
Dawn of Dreams is the only one I never finished. I remember it feeling pretty different from the first 3, but it's been so long I can't remember how. I mainly picked up the port of the original one to "vote with my wallet" for a new one in the series, or at the very least ports of the others.
Yeah, I'd like to see them revisit Onimusha. Certainly fun and a lot of potential for moreI would think.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!