Post screens of what you're playing

argyle

Re: Post screens of what you're playing

Post by argyle »

Fran Bow looks interesting - hopefully it will see a console port, it looks like something that Tam would really enjoy.

And Origins is a drop-dead gorgeous game, as is its follow-up. I don't think I ever saw it rain locusts tho J, wonder if any of the other Biblical plagues are in there?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm Fran Bow looks interesting - hopefully it will see a console port, it looks like something that Tam would really enjoy.
Won't she play on pc? You could always hook up a controller for her and she could play on the tv if not, I suppose. But yeah, it's a really good game if you like classic adventure / point-n- click games. It's full of imagination and has a wonderful soundtrack as well. I'm not done, but I know I can say I recommend it already.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:25 pm And Origins is a drop-dead gorgeous game, as is its follow-up. I don't think I ever saw it rain locusts tho J, wonder if any of the other Biblical plagues are in there?
Yes, it's very gorgeous. You can get a bunch of different hallucinations when you roam a desert for a while, and I must've seen 10-12 of them while working on clearing a chunk of the map. I think it may have rained a couple of frogs as well.
isthatallyougot

A few more Fran Bow screens. I'm pretty sure I'm almost finished with it.

Been a really great game. I haven't had to use a guide for anything yet, although I've had to pause to consider things a few times. Really nicely balanced imo.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Cool photos, gentlemen.

I have to ask this with every Ass Creed: Does that one have any of the dopey sci-fi stuff in there?

Fran Bow looks interesting. Is that a fishing minigame? ;)
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:13 pm Fran Bow looks interesting. Is that a fishing minigame? ;)
Sorry to disappoint. No fishing minigame. They really limited their market with that omission. :P

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Dang. Maybe they'll add it on console. :p
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Dark Souls III looks good.
canedaddy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:13 pmI have to ask this with every Ass Creed: Does that one have any of the dopey sci-fi stuff in there?
Actually you don't have to ask that with every Assassin's Creed game because the answer is always going to be yes since it's part of the series. However, it has become less of a focus in the later games. It was reduced to infrequent cut-scenes in Unity and Syndicate, but is a little more prominent in Origins since it's interactive again but fits with the main game's story better. I don't know how it is in Odyssey since I haven't played it yet.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:04 pm Dark Souls III looks good.
Yes, they (the whole series) always do to me, but I'm much more about art direction than technical measures, so I guess it depends on what you appreciate most.