The Backlog Check-in Vol. 62: 3/9/19: The Division 2 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 62: 3/9/19: The Division 2 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse, Dark Souls III, Deadlight

Finished (playing): Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse, Deadlight

Playing: Dark Souls III

I've been enjoying Dark Souls III, the art design, graphics, music and gameplay are all really good. It's been challenging, but I haven't been struggling with the regular enemies in the levels as much as I did in the previous games which makes exploring more enjoyable since I'm not dying every step of the way. But the bosses might prove to be too much for me since they have giant health meters, and their attacks do major damage to me while my attacks don't do much to them.

The Division 2 comes out next week:

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 62: 3/9/19: The Division 2 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still playing DSIII and continuing my OOTP obsession, as I have been for too long.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Devil May Cry V, The Occupation, Wonder Boy Returns, NieR: Automata - Game of the Yorha Edition

Last week: Finished nothing, played mainly Yakuza 0 with a little bit of DMCV

This week: The same

I believe I'm in chapter 9 of Y0 now, so over half-way. Still enjoying it, tho I'm passing on most of the side activities because I just don't find them very fun (but that's par for the course for most of these types of games, so no big deal really). The main story is excellent and the side missions are very fun & interesting too. So there's more than enough enjoyable content in the game anyway.

Hoping to have that wrapped up before Sekiro comes out next Friday, because that's the next big release I'm looking forward to. I'll probably knock DMCV out before then too because I hear it's relatively short (as it should be given the type of game it is) and I'm playing it on easy anyway because I suck at those games. :P
devil-may-cry.png
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 pm I'll probably knock DMCV out before then too because I hear it's relatively short (as it should be given the type of game it is) and I'm playing it on easy anyway because I suck at those games. :P
It's that type of game if you just want a single run-through, but if you want to explore what is possible and really dig into it, the series (and its ilk) is designed for very lengthy play. (Although I'm sure you know that. I just couldn't resist commenting because, for me, this type of game is not the quick, disposable type.)

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

argyle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 pm I believe I'm in chapter 9 of Y0 now, so over half-way. Still enjoying it, tho I'm passing on most of the side activities because I just don't find them very fun (but that's par for the course for most of these types of games, so no big deal really). The main story is excellent and the side missions are very fun & interesting too. So there's more than enough enjoyable content in the game anyway.
Have you met Mr Libido yet? :lol:

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 32 games

Finished all of the Origins DLC, but 2 of the trophies glitched out on me. I think it only takes a couple of hours to get them back, so I'll try new game plus.
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:04 pm It's that type of game if you just want a single run-through, but if you want to explore what is possible and really dig into it, the series (and its ilk) is designed for very lengthy play. (Although I'm sure you know that. I just couldn't resist commenting because, for me, this type of game is not the quick, disposable type.)
Oh yeah, I know. But like I said I'm just not very good at them, so I get the enjoyment of playing through the story but I don't get much out of getting deep into the combat systems, etc. I plan on playing through it & trading it in for now but I'm sure I'll end up picking it back up once it's really cheap. I only paid $40 for it at launch, so I'll be able to get most of that back by trading it in (and pay off my Sekiro in the process ;) ).
jfissel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:23 pm Have you met Mr Libido yet? :lol:
Yes, both of them.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (498.81 KiB) Viewed 8245 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:39 pm Oh yeah, I know. But like I said I'm just not very good at them, so I get the enjoyment of playing through the story but I don't get much out of getting deep into the combat systems, etc. I plan on playing through it & trading it in for now but I'm sure I'll end up picking it back up once it's really cheap. I only paid $40 for it at launch, so I'll be able to get most of that back by trading it in (and pay off my Sekiro in the process ;) ).
Well, I'm interested in hearing your impressions, even if we approach them differently. I know you've played past games in the series. Curious how 5 compares.