The Backlog Check-in Vol. 63: 3/16/19: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 63: 3/16/19: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Dark Souls III, Earthlock: Festival of Magic

Finished (playing): Dark Souls III

Playing: Earthlock: Festival of Magic

I stopped playing Dark Souls III not so much because of the difficulty (although it IS difficult), but because it's just too demanding of my time right now. I have to spend a lot of time in the game just to make a little progress, because as anyone who's played a Souls game knows you can't just plow through them button mashing. While I was enjoying it and not getting as frustrated as I did with the previous games, it's a time sink that I'm not prepared to commit to right now with so many other games that I have waiting to be played. It's something that I will play again after I've played through a lot of my other games.

I started playing Earthlock: Festival of Magic, and it's a fun little throwback to classic turn-based JRPGs that was developed in Norway of all places. While the graphics aren't anime, almost everything else about it feels distinctively like an old school JRPG. I've been enjoying it for that reason, but it's been a little challenging from the start and there's some modern complexities about it that feel a little out of place for a game that's trying to replicate the somewhat older and simpler times of JRPGs.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice comes out next week:

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 63: 3/16/19: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:36 am I stopped playing Dark Souls III

:P (Play what you enjoy phase!)

I'm still enjoying it very much, but I haven't had time to put into it for a few days. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it in a day or two.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35 (14 PS4, 8 Vita, 6 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Still playing RDR2, since I only get a few hours a week of gaming these days... sigh.

On the personal news front, my pregnant daughter is in the hospital right now and it's looking like I'll be canegrandaddy by the end of the day. :shock:
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35 (14 PS4, 8 Vita, 6 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Still playing RDR2, since I only get a few hours a week of gaming these days... sigh.

On the personal news front, my pregnant daughter is in the hospital right now and it's looking like I'll be canegrandaddy by the end of the day. :shock:
Wow, congrats cane! Must feel both amazing and a bit strange to be a grandparent. Hope all goes well for your daughter and her baby during the delivery.

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC

Now Playing: South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 32 games

Finished everything in Origins finally. Going to mix things up with South Park right now.

Congrats, cane! :D
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Dead Cells, Division 2

Last week: Finished nothing, played Tetris 99, Dead Cells, Devil May Cry V and a little Yakuza 0

This week: Definitely more Dead Cells, and more other stuff too :P

Dead Cells is amazing. It's a randomly generated Metroidvania rogue-like. So it's a game tailor made for me. It's tough, but you always gain something with every run and it's EXTREMELY addictive.
67904.gif
67904.gif (4.96 MiB) Viewed 10237 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:46 pm Congrats, cane! :D
Thanks man!
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:41 pm Wow, congrats cane! Must feel both amazing and a bit strange to be a grandparent. Hope all goes well for your daughter and her baby during the delivery.
Thanks! Yes, mostly amazing. It's awesome to get the good stuff of the baby without all the lost sleep and noise. :P

The birth look a lot longer than expected... some scary moments in there, but she finally emerged Monday and all is well now.

Here's a pic:

isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 am Thanks! Yes, mostly amazing. It's awesome to get the good stuff of the baby without all the lost sleep and noise. :P

The birth look a lot longer than expected... some scary moments in there, but she finally emerged Monday and all is well now.

Here's a pic:

Adorable baby! Congrats to you and your daughter / son-in-law. I can imagine being a grandparent will be a lot less stressful than being a parent. You can always "ruin" them and send them back home. :P

DiscipleGeek
Site Admin

Post by DiscipleGeek »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:44 am
canedaddy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 am Thanks! Yes, mostly amazing. It's awesome to get the good stuff of the baby without all the lost sleep and noise. :P

Here's a pic:

Adorable baby! Congrats to you and your daughter / son-in-law. I can imagine being a grandparent will be a lot less stressful than being a parent. You can always "ruin" them and send them back home. :P
Congrats cane!

Kind of amusing that your grandkid and one of my daughters are 6 months apart.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I don't know about amusing. :P Trust me, the time from being my little girl to having her own zoomed by. You'll be holding a grandchild in a rocking chair before you know it.