The Backlog Check-in Vol. 67: 4/13/19: World War Z Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 67: 4/13/19: World War Z Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I quit playing Toukiden 2, it was extremely repetitive. You just fight monsters small, medium and large out in open-ish environments over and over again, that's it. A lot of developers don't even seem to try anymore, they just put out games by the numbers without any real creativity, originality, or fun factor these days. I've played too many games over the years to be satisfied by average **** now.

I've been going through my physical game collection checking out games that I'm not sure that I want play to find out if I want to keep them, or not. I played some Far Cry Primal, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness and World of Final Fantasy so far.

Far Cry Primal grabbed me right away, I wasn't sure how I was going to like the whole caveman take on Far Cry but I really liked what I played of it. The graphics and gameplay are really good, and the time period and setting are a refreshing change from a lot of other video games.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness seems like a typical JRPG with an anime style, a somewhat colorful cast of characters and a solid real time combat system. While nothing out of the ordinary for the genre, it still had enough appeal to it to make it something that I want to play.

World of Final Fantasy seems childish with an absurd story, some annoying characters, Pokémon style creature capturing and a goofy character stacking system. The graphics are nice, but I didn't really like anything else about it. It's just not for me.

World War Z comes out next week:

Last edited by Phaseknox on Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 67: 4/13/19: World War Z Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Still loving Dark Souls 3. Fired up Grow Home on the side. It's somewhat interesting, but not worth too much of an investment. Perfect side game - short (I think) and just kind of a palate cleanser.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: South Park: The Fractured But Whole (platinum #60!)

Now Playing: LEGO Jurassic World

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 31 games

Finished the platinum in South Park, then decided to move onto a LEGO game (haven't played one of those in a while).
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Kingdom Hearts 3 was on sale and I'm more in the mood to give it a go now so I picked it back up
Last week: Finished nothing, played Division 2, Fox n Forests, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!

This week: More D2 & Chocobo

Should wrap up D2 this week. It's an excellent game, I've really had a blast with it. I'm ready for a change of pace tho, I've put a LOT of time into it over the past 2 or 3 weeks. Fox n Forests is an indie with a good idea but poor to mediocre execution. It's funny, I've been playing a lot of indies this year and they've either been incredible or bad - nothing in-between.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis