Playing: Tales of Berseria

I'm still playing Tales of Berseria.

Rage 2 comes out next week:

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 71: 5/11/19: Rage 2 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Finished up SOMA.

Still playing Darks Souls 3.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: InFAMOUS: Second Son

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games

Didn't have much time to play games last week, so I'm only a little bit farther in Second Son.

Anyone watch that Playstation State of Play last Friday? FF VII Remake had an appearance.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I've played Tales of Berseria for 15 hours, and I'm about to quit playing it out of boredom. The story and characters have been decent, but everything else about it is kind of bland. The game world doesn't feel organic or lived in at all, it's artificial and sterile feeling. It's not enjoyable to explore, and is pretty flat and uninteresting. The combat is decent, but starts to feel repetitive. It's a fairly average JRPG in general, and is failing to really keep me engrossed. I like the story and characters enough to keep playing it for now, but if it doesn't start picking up I might quit playing it.

In other news, I've been buying some Xbox original games that I discovered are backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 that I want to play again. I've been buying them from Amazon, and it sucks that a lot of them are only a few bucks while the shipping for them is $4+. Basically, I'm paying more for the shipping than the games themselves. I've never liked that everything purchased from Amazon has a set $4+ shipping charge, because almost nothing that I buy costs more than just a couple of bucks to ship.

Also, some of the games that I've been buying have been in rougher shape than they were described as which has been upsetting me. A few were described as like new so I spent a few extra bucks for them, but when they arrived they were in as rough of shape as ones that were described as acceptable-good. This is part of why I dislike buying used CDs/movies/games from sellers on Amazon, because the descriptions of their quality is often inaccurate.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:44 am Also, some of the games that I've been buying have been in rougher shape than they were described as which has been upsetting me. A few were described as like new so I spent a few extra bucks for them, but when they arrived they were in as rough of shape as ones that were described as acceptable-good. This is part of why I dislike buying used CDs/movies/games from sellers on Amazon, because the descriptions of their quality is often inaccurate.
That is annoying. Whenever I sell anything on ebay (like I've been doing some lately) I take pictures of everything - box, manual and closeups of the disc (since all of mine are pristine, it's a good thing to show to prospective buyers). Some people just don't pay attention to details or they are intentionally misleading.

In other news I started up What Remains of Edith Finch to play alongside DS3. I had been considering getting it on Steam for a long time, but I'll take the PS+ freebie. It has been interesting so far. Definitely has an unusual story it seems.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: Shakedown Hawaii

Current backlog: 37 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Nothing new here... still running around trying to get perfect pelts and whatnot. I may have a problem. :D