The Backlog Check-in Vol. 73: 5/25/19: Memorial Day Edition

jfissel

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 73: 5/25/19: Memorial Day Edition

Post by jfissel »

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and extra day off!

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: InFAMOUS: Second Son

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 29 games

Finishing up Second Son and then I'm jumping straight into First Light.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 73: 5/25/19: Memorial Day Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Finished up Among The Sleep and still playing Dark Souls 3. Man the DLC fight with Sister Friede is INCREDIBLE!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:55 am Finished up Among The Sleep and still playing Dark Souls 3. Man the DLC fight with Sister Friede is INCREDIBLE!
What'd you think of Among The Sleep? I thought the gameplay was so-so but the story really caught me off guard. It was worth playing for me just for that.

Games added: ...nothing?

Last week: Finished nothing, played A LOT of Days Gone.

This week: I'm right at the end of DG, so I should wrap that up either tonight or tomorrow night. Then I'm planning on starting Berseria. Also, I'm picking up this madness for the Switch:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:55 am Finished up Among The Sleep and still playing Dark Souls 3. Man the DLC fight with Sister Friede is INCREDIBLE!
What'd you think of Among The Sleep? I thought the gameplay was so-so but the story really caught me off guard. It was worth playing for me just for that.
In terms of narrative, I thought it was really impactful. It's always easy to empathize with little children, and I really felt for that little guy - especially at the end, of course. (tear) I also thought it did a great job of making you feel like you were a 2-year old in terms of perspective/environment. Not goty material or anything, but what it set out to do, it did well imo.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 37 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

In RDR2, I've wrapped up most of the side stuff I can do at this point and turned my focus to story missions. I think I have a few more to go till the end of Chapter 6. :o

Next week I'm taking a brief trip to Oregon, of all places. My bro is traveling there with his son and invited me along. Should be fun.
argyle

Post by argyle »

I'm watching the credits roll on Days Gone as I type this. Y'know, the game had a good bit of technical issues, from "stuttering" to issues that made me reload saves & even the occasional crash to the system menu. And I say that to say that the game is STILL a solid 5/5. It's fun from beginning to end, the world is interesting and engaging, and most importantly the characters are incredible and have some of the best growth arcs I've seen in a video game.

This one gets my highest recommendation, to everyone here - I think you will all enjoy it, and even more I think it needs to be experienced. Just....wow.
c7a9ac76e7f32454-600x338.jpg
c7a9ac76e7f32454-600x338.jpg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 9911 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Wow, very high praise for Days Gone, argyle. It's still on my list, hope I can fit it in later this year or early next year.

Cane - enjoy the rest of RDR II! I hope you finish before you leave for your trip.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Whoa, 5/5. Well, I shouldn't be surprised... buddies at work love Days Gone too. Thanks for the word, argyle!

j, I finished Chapter 6 last night. And after 161 hours (according to the Social Club) I got the bad ending. :lol: Evidently I went too far toward the dark side during those Bandit challenges. :oops:
isthatallyougot

Days Gone sounds good argyle. I always thought it looked entertaining during development.

Wow cane, 161 hours in RDR2. I think I was only about 60 or so in RDR1. Really looking forward to that one too.

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:08 am j, I finished Chapter 6 last night. And after 161 hours (according to the Social Club) I got the bad ending. :lol: Evidently I went too far toward the dark side during those Bandit challenges. :oops:
Hey, it happens to the best of us. :lol: I think your decisions during some of the missions contribute to your ending along with your overall reputation. You're also not done with the game. ;)