The Backlog Check-in Vol. 7: 2/17/18: Metal Gear Survive/Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 7: 2/17/18: Metal Gear Survive/Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Edition

Post by argyle »

Tam & I hit the point in Monster Hunter tonight where the game "really starts". :P It's a massive game, packed full of content. Always seems to be something new to do, discover, etc.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 7: 2/17/18: Metal Gear Survive/Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 pmTam & I hit the point in Monster Hunter tonight where the game "really starts". :P It's a massive game, packed full of content. Always seems to be something new to do, discover, etc.
Do you still feel that it can only really be enjoyed as a co-op/multiplayer game, or could it be fun as a single player game too?

I've played Kingdom Come: Deliverance for over 20 hours now, and I was expecting an RPG not a detective game. :P I really hope that the quests get a little more exciting, because the main quests have literally involved detective work of scouting areas for clues and talking to people - lots and lots of talking to people. Most of the side quests have primarily been delivery and fetch quests and the activities are primarily lock picking, pickpocketing and bringing X amount of animal meat/skins to innkeepers. In other words, filler.

The game has admittedly been a little dull in terms of what you actually do in it. I like that not everything that you do in it involves combat, but the problem is that almost nothing so far has involved combat. There have been a few fights here and there, but the majority of the game so far has been traveling around the game world talking to people. There's been some good humor and a lot of choices in dialogue, but I would like a little more action in my action RPG. :P And what about dungeons? This was touted as Dungeons & No Dragons after all. As far as I can tell there are no dungeons, perhaps there will be later but I'm not counting on it.

I'm enjoying the game in an interactive story kind of way, but it has really been lacking in terms of excitement. It's a big game so I'm suspecting that I'm still fairly early when it comes to story quests, but I hope that things start picking up soon because just doing detective work and delivery/fetch quests is becoming a little dull.

Edit: I played the game some more, and it has finally started to pick up. The detective/investigation stuff was feeling dragged out with all of the scouting, traveling and talking that you had to do without any combat mixed in to liven things up a bit, but they finally started to have me fight some enemies and things are getting a lot more interesting as well.

I've been enjoying my time with the game since the game world is beautiful offering some of the most realistic landscapes and forests that I've seen in a game, and the writing and voice acting is really good. But just traversing the environments and talking to people was starting to get a little dull, so I'm glad that the story is getting more interesting and there has been enemies to fight.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Thanks for letting us know, because I'm still interested.
No problem. I'm running through things pretty quickly, so I'll be up to the top in no time.

And yeah, I like our board, but it does feel like something's missing without our history. (No criticism, just an observation) I'll keep posting here though. I might as well keep going 'til I'm done. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Yep, I'll read your 2017 recap until you reach the end. I honestly don't even remember where you stopped on the other board - did you make it to the top 10?
isthatallyougot

jfissel wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:21 pm Yep, I'll read your 2017 recap until you reach the end. I honestly don't even remember where you stopped on the other board - did you make it to the top 10?
I think I was in the top 5, but I'm not sure now. I know I was close to finished, though.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks for the link, izzy. I'll check it out when I get a chance.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

I'm heading out early tomorrow for some vacation. Have good weekends! Talk to everyone in March!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Same! Have a fun trip, j, and the rest of you all have a great week.
isthatallyougot

Have fun on your vacations brothers!