The Backlog Check-in Vol. ...1?: 1/6/18: New Year, New Start, New Boards! Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. ...1?: 1/6/18: New Year, New Start, New Boards! Edition

Post by argyle »

So yeah, due to illness, life stuff, etc. our transition wasn't as smooth as possible. But we're still here! :D Unfortunately our old posts aren't. :( But onward and onward, right? ;)

Games added: Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters, SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, Okami HD Limited Edition (all PS4 imports)

Last week: Finished nothing, played Fallout 4

This week: More Fallout 4, and once I finish that moving back to AC Origins

Tam started playing Fallout again which made me want to play it again as well. Never finished it last time (stopped pretty close to the end) and hadn't played any of the DLC. So I've just wrapped up the Nuka World DLC today (which was amazing) and I'm gonna work on wrapping up the main storyline of the game now.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. ...1?: 1/6/18: New Year, New Start, New Boards! Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Whoa. :shock:

Thanks for keeping it alive. How do I go about updating my profile?
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. ...1?: 1/6/18: New Year, New Start, New Boards! Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Are we stuck with this "your post won't be seen until it's approved by a moderator" situation?
DiscipleGeek
Site Admin

Post by DiscipleGeek »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:43 pm Are we stuck with this "your post won't be seen until it's approved by a moderator" situation?
Only until we move the account out of new user status. All our old peeps get founder status, which basically means you can never be banned.
DiscipleGeek
Site Admin

Post by DiscipleGeek »

canedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 pm Whoa. :shock:

Thanks for keeping it alive. How do I go about updating my profile?
Look for the little person icon in the upper right.
argyle

Post by argyle »

There's gonna be some tweaking as we get used to everything, no doubt - if anyone runs across anything wonky, just let us know. :)

On the bright side, I kinda like the look better than the old boards and - hey! - we've got signatures again. ;)

I bumped up the avatar size to 120x120 this morning, and tweaked another setting or two. DG slapped this theme on for us that I found - better than that blinding white. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played last week: Horizon Zero Dawn, Summon Night 5

Finished last week: nothing

Added to backlog last week: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (11 Vita, 11 PS4, 7 PS2, 5 3DS, 2 PS3)

I'm rolling along in Horizon and loving every minute. Completion percentage is about 25.

Summon Night hasn't driven me away yet, though the stuff between the battles is tiresome. It also has the absolute worst fishing minigame in history... It's a rhythm thing where you mash X, O, triangle and square, and sometimes you have to hit, say, the top and bottom ones at the same time... you know, where you have one thumb. Ridiculous.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Nice to see the PS2 Backlog Committee back. I like the new look.
argyle wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 pmwe're still here! :D Unfortunately our old posts aren't. :(
All of the content from the previous PS2 Backlog Committee is gone? We're completely starting over from scratch?
argyle wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 pmBut onward and onward, right? ;)
I think that you mean onward and upward. :P
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiscipleGeek
Site Admin

Post by DiscipleGeek »

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:56 pm
argyle wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 pmwe're still here! :D Unfortunately our old posts aren't. :(
All of the content from the previous PS2 Backlog Committee is gone? We're completely starting over from scratch?
The content is backed up, but there is no direct import path from the previous system. Someone will have to code it.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:56 pm
argyle wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 pmBut onward and onward, right? ;)
I think that you mean onward and upward. :P
Nope. ;)