The Backlog Check-in Vol. 291: 7/29/23: Baldur’s Gate III Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 291: 7/29/23: Baldur’s Gate III Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:34 amSo I got to the 3rd boss Monday night & got beat down pretty bad. I didn't get a chance to play Tues, but last night I fired it up again after reading some general game tips (nothing mind blowing, basically level up, use consumables - which I hadn't been doing - etc.). I finished up one or two side quests I hadn't completed, fought around a little and leveled up 2 or 3 times, learned some new moves at the dojo, and loaded up on hamburgers from one of the early stores. When I went back to the boss after that, I didn't have any trouble with her at all. So I guess the lesson is I need to use the resources the game gives me. :)
I’ll keep that in mind the next time that I play it, because I plan on playing it again at some point. I was using consumables, but I don’t remember level grinding or learning new moves for some reason.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Cane, crim and j have all been MIA this week, did they go on a vacation together that I don’t know about? :P
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Monster Tale is really fun. (I'm about half through.) Interesting combination of genres and solid controls, if a little floaty for my tastes. It's fun combining the monster's attacks with your own as you call him up from the lower screen. I'm glad I decided to play it.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:38 pm Cane, crim and j have all been MIA this week, did they go on a vacation together that I don’t know about? :P
I was on vacation, but I didn't see either of them that I know of. ;)
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:38 pm Cane, crim and j have all been MIA this week, did they go on a vacation together that I don’t know about? :P
Ha, I was on vacation but didn't have the pleasure of jfissel or crim's company.