The Backlog Check-in Vol. 295: 8/26/23: Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle/Sea of Stars/Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy Edition

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 295: 8/26/23: Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle/Sea of Stars/Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy Editio

Post by crimson_tide »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:27 pm
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:53 pm Also, going to give PS2oosing one last go because I might buy SMT3 Nocturne. Looked at it while packing up old games for storage this summer. It has a merciful mode. I have always been curious. It's $20 AND they replaced Dante with Radiou Kuzunoha so that's a definite upgrade...summer don't end until 9/23 so I may jump into the fray for one final adventure ;)!
Crim,CRIM...

Nocturne is seriously one of my all-time favorites - I'm talking top 10 - 15 for sure. (I've got to finish my all-time rankings one day, lol.) Please do it. I'll make a deal with you. If you play SMT Noctune, I'll finally fire up TWEWY. (I won't promise to do it immediately, but I promise to do it before the end of the year.)

If you decide to play it let us know. I would recommend not playing "merciful" mode - whatever that is. The journey would be watered down in terms of the overall sense of what it's about *imho*. But it would still be worth it for the tone/vibes/art/music alone. Again, you play it, and I'll play TWEWY. Deal? Deal? Deal. :P
SOLD! :P

Bought, downloaded and booting it up now. No rush on TWEWY like you said. Our dirty little secret is that I am absolutely playing this in merciful mode. SMT would have me punching holes in walls otherwise. I tried it way back when and had to concede. I am mostly here for the story, music, vibes and making the occasional sick demon build. I would like to see it through this time even if it has to be on easy, fam ;) .

Goddamn this attract screen music slaps, I remember this so vividly now, the PS2 was baller!

Oh and thanks for reminding me about Sea of Stars Phase, downloaded that too for when Nocturne is too hard :P .
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 295: 8/26/23: Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle/Sea of Stars/Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy Editio

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:34 pmthanks for reminding me about Sea of Stars Phase, downloaded that too for when Nocturne is too hard :P .
You’re probably going to enjoy it the most out of all of the games that you’ve been playing, because it’s a charming, cute and fun retro style turn-based JRPG. One of the unique things that it offers are relics that can make the game easier such as your health refilling after each battle, doing more damage to enemies, taking less damage from enemies, etc. A couple are given to you early in the game, and you can buy more later in the game. Once you have them you simply turn them on in your inventory if you want to use them, it’s a cool way of making the game easier if you want to.