Argyle's Top 10 Games of 2017!

isthatallyougot

Re: Argyle's Top 10 Games of 2017!

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm
10. Sky Force Anniversary

I'm not typically a huge 'Shmup fan. I enjoy them from time to time, but they don't typically leave a big lasting impression.
That's pretty much the way I feel. I can get into one, but they aren't a go-to, by any stretch.

argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 9. Culdcept Revolt
That is Culdcept Revolt. No other game does what it does
Which is why I ought to eventually play the PS2 version. Maybe one day.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 8. Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition
Something also has to be said about a developer who supports their game with FREE updates for over 2 years after its release.
In this day and age, it's reason enough to be impressed. It's been in my wishlist for a while. Sounds good.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 7. Titanfall 2

Titanfall 2 should have been another forgettable & dumb dudebro shooter.
That's what it is in my mind. Zero interest, although the genre is just tiresome for the most part in my view.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 6. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Most people I talked to about this game this year (who hadn't played it) thought one or both of the following: it's shovelware trash because it's by UbiSoft and it's a kiddy game because it has both Mario and Rabbids characters in it. Both of those statements are undeniably false.
That's probably how I would have felt if I was considering it. I'm still not really interested, but I'm sure it's good fun.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 5. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition
The fun of taking a character from nothing and working towards goals for rewards was more addictive than I imagined.
I love that loop and feeling. Surprisingly, I've never played any version of Diablo ever.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 4. The Last Guardian
Hey, remember that game that I laughed at you guys for years for anticipating? The one I swore was vaporware? That I laughed about my eternal preorder for at Amazon?
Oh, I remember, because I knew you were WRONG! :P But yeah, Trico is an incredible achievement on his own.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 3. Super Mario Odyssey
(including my Sunshine, which often gets the cold shoulder).
I didn't know you were a fellow Sunshine fan. Maybe you're alright. :P But, I do love Mario, and if I ever get a Switch, I'd definitely pick it up.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 2. Injustice 2
Of course, I didn't know at the time that some mad genius had merged a loot-based RPG with a fighter and in doing so created one of the most addictive fighting games ever.
I'm just beyond burned out on superheroes and have been for a good long time, but that sounds compelling.
argyle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm 1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The characters are all nuanced and interesting, with stories that give the game a deep melancholy.
Lordy. I love BOTW, but sheesh, you have to be kidding me. Great fun to play though.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!