The Backlog Check-in Vol. 297: 9/9/23: Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 297: 9/9/23: Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:59 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:24 pm My health insurance approved paying for my prosthetic leg/foot, and I got it today.
That is great news! Everything going well in that area?
Of course not, because almost nothing in my life goes well. My stump incision isn’t healed enough to use a prosthetic leg yet which I found out the hard way. I was walking around the house getting used to using my prosthetic leg/foot and it somewhat hurt but I was told that was normal at first, then it really started to hurt so I took it off and discovered that the pressure was pulling apart my stump incision. Thankfully it didn’t completely break open, but it caused the scar tissue on the incision to puff out and turn red like blood blisters. I see my surgeon Friday to find out if I have to do anything about it, and to also find out how much longer that I will have to let it heal before I can start using my prosthetic leg/foot which I’m guessing will be at least a couple of more months.
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 297: 9/9/23: Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:06 pm Of course not, because almost nothing in my life goes well. My stump incision isn’t healed enough to use a prosthetic leg yet which I found out the hard way. I was walking around the house getting used to using my prosthetic leg/foot and it somewhat hurt but I was told that was normal at first, then it really started to hurt so I took it off and discovered that the pressure was pulling apart my stump incision. Thankfully it didn’t completely break open, but it caused the scar tissue on the incision to puff out and turn red like blood blisters. I see my surgeon Friday to find out if I have to do anything about it, and to also find out how much longer that I will have to let it heal before I can start using my prosthetic leg/foot which I’m guessing will be at least a couple of more months.
Well that is a bummer. Hope they get you fixed up right.
argyle

Post by argyle »

I meant to tell you Phase that that's great that your insurance finally kicked in - although it does suck that you can't use it yet, at least you have it when you can. I've had to fight with my insurance over medication as well, and it's gotten so that whenever I hear of anyone else having to do the same - especially over something really important - it pisses me off.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Yeah, my doctor had to prescribe my prosthetic leg/foot and when my health insurance denied paying for it saying that they required more information as to why I needed it she said what more information do they need other than you don’t have a leg/foot. :lol: Thankfully the prosthetic company knew the specific information that they required to approve paying for it, and once they had it they approved it. It sucks that I have to wait longer until I can use it, but like you said at least I have it when I can.