The Backlog Check-in Vol. 302: 10/14/23: Sonic Superstars/Spider-Man 2/Super Mario Bros. Wonder Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 302: 10/14/23: Sonic Superstars/Spider-Man 2/Super Mario Bros. Wonder Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:46 pm I don't know, man. I'm not even sure I will. I probably have another year or so of PS4 gaming to get through... then it'll be decision time. The options:

a) Get a PS5
b) Get an Xbox
c) Get another Switch
d) Get a Steamdeck
e) Retire from gaming (or just replay stuff I already own, of which there is a lot)
You know what to do my child. Listen to your gaming heart...

I'm stuck in Broken Age act 2. I can't figure out how to get a dude to cough up something in his throat on the boy's side. (I think it has something to do with a snake, but I can't figure out how to capture it.) And on the girl's side, I'm at a loss as to how to get the "mother" to open the door. I've searched everywhere with no new items presenting themselves, and there are no more conversation options with the only two available characters on the space ship. I really hate surrendering to a blockage and seeking outside guidance, and usually don't do so unless I'm not really enjoying a game much. But I really like this one, and I want the satisfaction of getting it done on my own. I'll hold on for a while longer here, but there's little point in wandering aimlessly forever.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 302: 10/14/23: Sonic Superstars/Spider-Man 2/Super Mario Bros. Wonder Edition

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:01 pm You know what to do my child. Listen to your gaming heart...

:lol:

If I were intelligent (I'm not), I'd get a powerful PC (purportedly for work) and hook it up to the TV.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:00 am If I were intelligent (I'm not), I'd get a powerful PC (purportedly for work) and hook it up to the TV.
Only the truly wise are aware of their ignorance.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

:lol:

izzy, I appreciate your humor. You often make me laugh which is a good thing, because I don’t laugh much these days.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:38 pm :lol:

izzy, I appreciate your humor. You often make me laugh which is a good thing, because I don’t laugh much these days.
I'm glad I am a source of amusement sometimes for you. I saw your comment about your ongoing health struggles. I hope you are able to manage as best as you can. Life can be hard at times, and laughter is always a nice reprieve from life's stresses. Now I won't be able to be funny though because you've made me self conscious.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pmI'm glad I am a source of amusement sometimes for you. I saw your comment about your ongoing health struggles. I hope you are able to manage as best as you can. Life can be hard at times, and laughter is always a nice reprieve from life's stresses.
Thanks, I’ve been getting a little better just taking it one day at a time.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pmNow I won't be able to be funny though because you've made me self conscious.
Nah, it’s built into you. It’s who you are. Thanks for continuing to be a part of this tiny community, and gracing us with your humor, insight and detailed game impressions/reviews. :P
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pmhttps://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPT ... /giphy.gif[/img]
I used to really like those skits, I miss that era of SNL when it was actually funny.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:06 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pmI'm glad I am a source of amusement sometimes for you. I saw your comment about your ongoing health struggles. I hope you are able to manage as best as you can. Life can be hard at times, and laughter is always a nice reprieve from life's stresses.
Thanks, I’ve been getting a little better just taking it one day at a time.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pmNow I won't be able to be funny though because you've made me self conscious.
Nah, it’s built into you. It’s who you are. Thanks for continuing to be a part of this tiny community, and gracing us with your humor, insight and detailed game impressions/reviews. :P
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:49 pmhttps://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPT ... /giphy.gif[/img]
I used to really like those skits, I miss that era of SNL when it was actually funny.
Thanks for the kind words phase (or sarcasm..whichever. :P). Yeah those were the golden years of SNL. I haven't seen more than a minute or two of it in ages though. But I'm fairly confident it wouldn't be funny now.