The Backlog Check-in Vol. 305: 11/4/23: Call of Duty: MW3/Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 305: 11/4/23: Call of Duty: MW3/Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name Edition

Post by argyle »

jfissel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:16 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:47 pm And what's this about a reddit thing? I didn't even know (or forgot) there was a reddit aspect to this forum. Maybe I've missed out on so much, lol.
It's not been used for 6 years (when we transitioned to this forum I think?). I just followed the instructions by banning that one user and it should be ok if we ever want to use it. r/ps2backlog
I meant to comment on that - I don't remember us having a Reddit either. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 305: 11/4/23: Call of Duty: MW3/Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Huh. I don't specifically remember being on reddit, but I do recall a brief period when we were elsewhere. I trust the Machine.

As for GTA... yeah. Y'all know I love that series, but I do worry that this next entry will disappoint, given the departure of Dan Houser, Laslow and others, along with the times we live in... it would be something if they had trademark GTA satire in 2024. We will see!

And there is literally zero chance that Phase will play and finish Yakuza 1-6 back to back. ZERO. I rarely complain about repetition, but all those games have the same environment and gameplay, for the most part, so I've always put a year or two between games.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Deliver Us Mars, it was one of the better indie games that I’ve played. It was entertaining throughout always making me want to see what would happen next in both the story and game itself. The story is compelling, and the levels are well designed offering a decent amount of varied locations and things to do in them. The climbing and platforming are almost Uncharted-like at times, and the puzzles are creative and logical. The music and voice acting are topnotch as well. However, since it’s a somewhat low budget indie game it does suffer from technical issues such as stuttering at times, the gameplay can be a little wonky and character models/animations are somewhat poor looking. None of these things were a dealbreaker for me, but they did hinder my overall enjoyment a bit. I can only imagine how good that this game could have been with a bigger budget, because it was unfortunately held back by budget constraints. But I still really enjoyed it, and I will check out the previous game Deliver Us the Moon when it’s on sale and I look forward to the next game in the series which the ending of this one hinted at there being.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

jfissel wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:16 pm It's not been used for 6 years (when we transitioned to this forum I think?). I just followed the instructions by banning that one user and it should be ok if we ever want to use it. r/ps2backlog
Ok, I thought I was maybe losing my mind. Not too long of a trip.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!