Stellaris Nexus
Svarog’s Dream
Three Kingdoms Zhao Yun
Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
While the Iron’s Hot
XIIZEAL
Xuan-Yuan Sword: Mists Beyond the Mountains
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 309: 12/2/23: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm glad you guys (crim and j.) have been slow on the recommends. It's given me a chance to go back and play some more Chronicon. Here's a brief video of a recent session. (It's Christmas themed which I'd like to turn off but haven't checked out if that's possible.) It's also not always this dark. Different levels and worlds have different appearances. And I know it seems chaotic, but it makes plenty of sense when you get into it. There are *tons* of possible builds and just a sickening amount of loot. In the vid I posted, I've turned on loot filters to only drop the best of the best, so it's not the normal loot-vomit you'd see. I'd certainly recommend it to any fans of ARPGs, although I guess I'm only really speaking to argyle. I don't think it had a console release.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 309: 12/2/23: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Spider-man 2, Like a Dragon Gaiden

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

I'm in chapter 4 of Gaiden (I think there are 5 chapters in this one) and about 20 hours played. Doing some more side stuff before continuing the story.

Also - Powerwash Simulator is free starting Tues on PS+ for December. Now is everyone's chance to grab it and get addicted! :lol:
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:13 am Also - Powerwash Simulator is free starting Tues on PS+ for December. Now is everyone's chance to grab it and get addicted! :lol:
Excellent! Hope it's more fun than powerwashing the siding on my house. :cry:

Played recently: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 34

I'm almost finished with Amalur. I'm probably about a third of the way through the new Fatesworn DLC. So far, it's not doing much for me. The enemies and environments are pretty similar to the main game, the story is nothing to write home about, and there hasn't been any awesome new loot. Disappointing.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails (PS4)

Last week: Finished Robocop: Rogue City (all achievements). Played Star Wars: Jedi Survivor.

This week: More Star Wars & will be starting my chosen game, A Hat In Time :)

Robocop was amazing. If you're a fan of the original 2 movies, it gets my highest recommendation. It's basically the part 3 we should have gotten. I did kick the difficulty down to easy (as I usually do these days) but it only helped IMO - Robo is supposed to feel like an unstoppable tank.

I fired up Jedi Survivor because I heard that they FINALLY patched it to fix performance mode and I wanted to see if it was true. It was, and the game quickly hooked me. Really digging it, the combat is a blast and the story is very interesting. Plus much like Robo it has these open levels that give you just enough exploration while still keeping you moving forward in the story. I think this is starting to be my compromise of choice with open-world stuff.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I’m getting a PS5 in 2025.

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:02 pm I’m getting a PS5 in 2025.

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

That's an amazing looking trailer. Hope it lives up to that.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I stayed up a little late to beat Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name. Excellent game! DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE YAKUZA LIKE A DRAGON.

More importantly, it actually made me cry. Like actually sob, not just a tear or two. I can't think of that happening in the past. What an emotional gut punch! The **** they pull at the end if you have been playing these games since the beginning is a lot. j, if you make it through that ending without a tear, you are truly a machine ...a cold, unfeeling machine :P .

PS j, don't forget to rank my games in the game club thread when you get a minute, thanks fam!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:51 pm I stayed up a little late to beat Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name. Excellent game! DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE YAKUZA LIKE A DRAGON.

More importantly, it actually made me cry. Like actually sob, not just a tear or two. I can't think of that happening in the past. What an emotional gut punch! The **** they pull at the end if you have been playing these games since the beginning is a lot. j, if you make it through that ending without a tear, you are truly a machine ...a cold, unfeeling machine :P .

PS j, don't forget to rank my games in the game club thread when you get a minute, thanks fam!
I also beat it last night. The ending was emotional for sure, I think everyone agrees with that statement. I just have more coliseum stuff for the platinum so I'll get to it.