The Backlog Check-in Vol. 329: 4/20/24: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes/Sand Land/Stellar Blade Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 329: 4/20/24: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes/Sand Land/Stellar Blade Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Avengers, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Raging Bytes

Finished: Avengers, Raging Bytes

Playing: Almost My Floor

Added: Aurora’s Journey and the Pitiful Lackey, Cybertrash Statyx, Indigo Prophecy, Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition, Raging Bytes

Games releasing this week
Age of Water
Another Crab’s Treasure
Assault Suit Leynos 2 Saturn Tribute
Bellwright
Builder Simulator
Class of Heroes 1 & 2: Complete Edition
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Sweep the Board!
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Hammerwatch II
Horrific Xanatorium
Jack Holmes: Master of Puppets
Lunar Lander Beyond
Manor Lords
Megaton Musashi W: Wired
Oddsparks: An Automation Adventure
Phantom Fury
PuzzMix
Remnant II: The Forgotten Kingdom
Rumble Club
SaGa Emerald Beyond
Sand Land
Shadow of the Depth
S.O.L Search of Light
Stellar Blade
Sucker for Love: Date to Die For
Super Dragon Force Punch 3
Tales of Kenzera: Zau
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants
Tell Me Your Story
TopSpin 2K25
Triggerheart Exelica
Whisker Waters
Wrath: Aeon of Ruin
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 329: 4/20/24: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes/Sand Land/Stellar Blade Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Sea of Stars

Finished: Sea of Stars

Added to backlog: Balatro, Gris

Current backlog: 35

Sea of Stars is in the books. What a special game. HIGHLY recommended to everyone here. If you play it, try to avoid spoilers, and take the extra steps to get the true ending (after the regular one).

I'm going to need to take a few days before jumping into anything else.

Edit: Eiyuden Chronicle is out?? Maybe I won't take a few days...
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 329: 4/20/24: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes/Sand Land/Stellar Blade Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Did the Gamestop b2g1 twice last week. Set 1: Monster Hunter Stories 2, Triangle Strategy, Stray. Set 2: Candle, AI The Somnium Files, Returnal

Last week: Finished nothing, played Dragon's Dogma 2 & Slay the Spire, with a VERY LITTLE BIT of Unicorn Overlord

This week: The same.

I have enjoyed DD2 - now, I would enjoy it ending. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:54 pm If you’re interested in playing a new old style Resident Evil type game then I would recommend Alisa.
Yeah, thanks. I'm aware of Alisa. It's been on my radar for a long time. I've just never picked it up.

I'm just about done with RE3. I may spend some time with Mercenaries mode or do a quick replay for some alternate routes when I'm done. (or fight Nemesis at every opportunity) It's been a fun blast from the past. I hadn't played it since release so it was really "fresh", given the decay of the old gray matter. :P

I had mentioned a week or so ago that I'm about to finally start Morrowind, and indeed I am. :P But, I know I'm going to get lost in it - or at least I believe so, and so I wanted to play some shorter stuff before I surrender to a probable obsession, ha.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:50 pm I had mentioned a week or so ago that I'm about to finally start Morrowind, and indeed I am. :P But, I know I'm going to get lost in it - or at least I believe so, and so I wanted to play some shorter stuff before I surrender to a probable obsession, ha.

It's a shame no version of that has ever come to PlayStation. I would have hopped on there a long time ago.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:59 pm It's a shame no version of that has ever come to PlayStation. I would have hopped on there a long time ago.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense that it wouldn't have done so. I know it's "old", but as big and beloved as the franchise is overall, I would think it would be easy money. Hard to figure out why some things are not done.

And I know I've sung this tired song too much. But you could run it on a potato if you really want to play it. I'm not trying to be a bulldozer :P, but it also often costs next to nothing (with goty expansions) on Steam (or GOG if you'd rather have drm-free). Or you could pick up a used OG Xbox and get the game as well I suppose. I know, I know, in retirement you neck-beard. :P

I have this weird trait where some games I *REALLY* want to play, I just hold off and hold off. I *do* like delaying my gratification, but it's also about building anticipation and just marinating in that sensation. I better be careful with some stuff or I'll carry that excitement right into the dirt. :P

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:23 pm Yeah, it doesn't make much sense that it wouldn't have done so. I know it's "old", but as big and beloved as the franchise is overall, I would think it would be easy money. Hard to figure out why some things are not done.

And I know I've sung this tired song too much. But you could run it on a potato if you really want to play it. I'm not trying to be a bulldozer :P, but it also often costs next to nothing (with goty expansions) on Steam (or GOG if you'd rather have drm-free). Or you could pick up a used OG Xbox and get the game as well I suppose. I know, I know, in retirement you neck-beard. :P
That is true. I imagine the current-gen Xboxes (which apparently are backward compatible to the beginning) will be so cheap at some point I'll have to get one and play Morrowind along with Halo, Gears and another game or two.

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:23 pm have this weird trait where some games I *REALLY* want to play, I just hold off and hold off. I *do* like delaying my gratification, but it's also about building anticipation and just marinating in that sensation. I better be careful with some stuff or I'll carry that excitement right into the dirt. :P

Elden Ring is even tougher when you're dead!
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:05 pm That is true. I imagine the current-gen Xboxes (which apparently are backward compatible to the beginning) will be so cheap at some point I'll have to get one and play Morrowind along with Halo, Gears and another game or two.
Yeah, that's another good option.
canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:05 pm Elden Ring is even tougher when you're dead!

I'm trying to git *REALLY* gud.

:P

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:23 amEiyuden Chronicle is out??
It comes out tomorrow, but it’s digital only for PS4. It’s also $50 which is more than I was expecting it to be, I thought that it was going to be $30-$40 since it’s an indie game. I’m going to wait to get it when it’s on sale for $30, or less.
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:05 pm Elden Ring is even tougher when you're dead!
I used to look forward to Izzy playing one of the two souls games that I've actually played, finished, and loved - Bloodborne or Elden Ring. I've given up on that dream. :P

I Kickstarted Eiyuden Chronicles, so I'm not sure when my copy will arrive in the mail. But I still need to play the prequel game they put out first anyway. Meant to have that done already...oops. :oops: :lol:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis