The Backlog Check-in Vol. 333: 5/18/24: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door/Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 333: 5/18/24: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door/Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Borderlands 3, Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Bread & Fred
C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield
Coffee Caravan
Crown Wars: The Black Prince
Doug’s Nightmare
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Duck Detective: The Secret Salami
The Eightfold Path
Eternal Threads
The Fate of Baldr
Galacticare
Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure
Harvest Hunt
Hauntii
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation
Isles of Sea & Sky
Kid Pilot
Little-Known Galaxy
Mech Engineer
NecroBouncer
Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters
One-inch Tactics
Ovrdark: A Do Not Open Story
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Paper Trail
Retropolis 2: Never Say Goodbye
Rooftops & Alleys: The Parkour Game
Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II
Serum
Shinjuku Soumei
Songs of Conquest
Star Trek: Resurgence
SunnySide
Survival: Fountain of Youth
Sushi Race
Synergy
System Shock Remastered
Taora: Survival
Tennis Manager 2024
A Tower Full of Cats
Venture to the Vile
Warno
Witch & Lilies
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
World of Goo 2
Wuthering Waves
XDefiant
Yolk Heroes: A Long Tamago
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 333: 5/18/24: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door/Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Axiom Verge 2, FlatOut 4: Total Insanity

Finished: Axiom Verge 2

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35

AV2 was really enjoyable. Exactly the kind of game I was looking to play at that moment. Well done, Tom Happ.

I was scrolling through the latest PSN sale and saw a FlatOut game for less than a quarter so I had to give it a try. That was a fun series under Bugbear. This one... well, I've already gotten my quarter's worth, but it isn't great. Like a poor man's Motorstorm with a FlatOut skin. The driving doesn't feel so hot, very floaty and disconnected from the road, and it's made worse by annoying track physics where some random debris will send your vehicle flying. The ragdoll minigames are there, but they don't seem to work as well as they did in the original games.

I might play it a little bit more before moving on to something good.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 333: 5/18/24: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door/Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Windbound, Stellar Blade

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 44 games

Making decent progress in Stellar Blade as I'm in the 2nd big open world area. Continuing to do side quests and just started the fishing minigame (cane! :P ).
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:55 pm Making decent progress in Stellar Blade as I'm in the 2nd big open world area. Continuing to do side quests and just started the fishing minigame (cane! :P ).

:o

Between that and NCAA 25, looks like I'm gonna have to get a PS5.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Hey all. I'm busy. And sad. But I'm going to be alright!

Played: Infinite Wealth. Chapter 13. Discussed with my wife I am just slow rolling it at this point. I don't want it to end because I think they're actually gonna do it and I don't think I will be able to emotionally be broken. j, I am going back to District Five. There can't be that much more after it I would imagine. The stupid dungeon boss in the third optional one thumped me several times until I remembered to use ALL of the accessories I neglected for the past 120 plus hours :lol: . Also, Digimon CyberSlueth but it's really losing me. They talk too much about nothing and it feels cheap, like too clean and underdeveloped. On chapter 6 or 7 but I am likely going to play something else commuting in the near future.

Bought: nothing but Humble Bundle Choice is giving both Like A Dragon and Hi Fi Rush away to keep for $12 I think. Also the beat em up bundle is likely going to be claimed by me soon.

Beat: bruh, still Infinite Wealth ing, no other PS4 games till it's done!

Hope you're recovering well Phase!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm about 50 hours into Morrowind now. I'm having a great time even though there are some Bethesda quirks that annoy at times. I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface, but I almost always play slower than most. When I look at the amount of map I've traversed, I'm like yeah, this won't end any time soon. I just can't play TES with a focus on the main quest, at least not for a long while, and so I just keep exploring. But the fact that I only feel a continued urge to play, grow my character and discover after 50 hours speaks to the way these games can absorb. I wonder what my play time will show when I've finished my run.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Yo, izzy! SMT Nocturne is $10 now on Steam, I can finally make good and get a play through in this summer on my Steam Deck. I liked what I played on the PS4 but it wasn't holding my attention. I think I played it right before school started back up and I just never got back to it. It is perfect for a commute though, looking forward to getting back into it :) .

Also, even though Ubiconnect is an abomination that actively stopped me from playing Fenyx Rising (Ubi forces you to create an account and log in even for single player games on boot up which is just plain awful), I finally got through and it's scratching the itch right now. I can breeze in and out of it no problem. Digging it for the commute. It's almost what I would cll a comfy game :P .
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:46 pm Hey all. I'm busy. And sad. But I'm going to be alright!

Played: Infinite Wealth. Chapter 13. Discussed with my wife I am just slow rolling it at this point. I don't want it to end because I think they're actually gonna do it and I don't think I will be able to emotionally be broken. j, I am going back to District Five. There can't be that much more after it I would imagine. The stupid dungeon boss in the third optional one thumped me several times until I remembered to use ALL of the accessories I neglected for the past 120 plus hours :lol: .
Good luck! 8-)
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:06 pm Yo, izzy! SMT Nocturne is $10 now on Steam, I can finally make good and get a play through in this summer on my Steam Deck. I liked what I played on the PS4 but it wasn't holding my attention. I think I played it right before school started back up and I just never got back to it. It is perfect for a commute though, looking forward to getting back into it :) .

Also, even though Ubiconnect is an abomination that actively stopped me from playing Fenyx Rising (Ubi forces you to create an account and log in even for single player games on boot up which is just plain awful), I finally got through and it's scratching the itch right now. I can breeze in and out of it no problem. Digging it for the commute. It's almost what I would cll a comfy game :P .
I hope you enjoy Nocturne this go 'round. I'd love to do a replay one day. And I really want to do a first-time run of Strange Journey. That's been tickling the to-do-list portion of my brain for a long time. I'll probably pick Nocturne up again on Steam sooner or later. Speaking of Steam, now that you're one of Gabe's boys :P, I realized we're not friends on the platform.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. Steam->Friends->Add Friend->Enter my code :
beep
And yeah, Ubi is trash in every facet of that definition. I have two games that I bought accidentally for Ubi on Greenman gaming that I hastily purchased without looking at the launcher it was on sale for. I've played them both though (Prince of Persia 2008 and South Park Fractured But Whole), so hopefully I pay more attention to where I'm buying games in the future lol. If there's any company that I do *************NOT************** want to support it's Ubi.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!