The Backlog Check-in Vol. 4: 1/27/18: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 4: 1/27/18: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Edition

Post by canedaddy »

I'm officially done with Summon Night 5. No, I didn't beat it. The last boss is the most ridiculous I've seen in a long time. I grinded a ton to get through Chapter 13, so you'd think my peeps would be battle ready by Chapter 15. Nope, not against four dudes with three times the hit points of anything else in the game -- and who heal themselves huge amounts each turn. If that's not bad enough, every few turns there are random blasts on the board that do about half-damage to anyone who gets hit. I couldn't even take one guy down to half his hit points before getting wiped out. I could grind for 20 or 30 hours in order to beat the game, but at my age I don't know how much life I have left so sorry, that ain't happening. :P
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until Oct 26, 2018. It's a bummer, but I've got plenty to play until then.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

It could get delayed until next gen and I wouldn't care, because I've got plenty to play until then. :P
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Same. Take as long as you want, just make it great.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I started playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth because I was in the mood for a JRPG, and argyle got me curious talking about it. I haven't played too much, but enough to get an idea of what it is.

It's a turn-based JRPG with a cyber theme, and of course Digimon. And based on what I played of it so far, it's the Digimon aspect that hurts it. Instead of seeming like a game built around Digimon, it seems like a game that they put Digimon in.

I feel that the game would have worked better without having Digimon, and everything that goes along with that since collecting tons of different monsters (which are the only things used in combat), evolving them via some farm and lots of other tedious micromanaging crap that pulls me out of the core game does not appeal to me.

I would like the game a lot more if it was a more traditional RPG with party members instead of collecting monsters and using them for combat, but at the very least I would have liked your character partaking in combat as well instead of strictly using monsters for combat.

I'm liking the concept, story, characters and combat enough to give it more of a chance, but I have a feeling that the complex Digimon aspect of it is going to ultimately make me stop playing since I like my RPGs a little more on the simpler and traditional side when it comes to design structure.