The Backlog Check-in Vol. 298: 9/16/23: EA Sports FC 24/Lies of P/Mortal Kombat 1/Payday 3 Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 298: 9/16/23: Lies of P/Mortal Kombat 1 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:05 am That's probably right. Also, knitting is way too physically demanding at my age. :P
Here's my suggestion. Tell yourself that you can't play anything at all until 2024...and try to stick to it. If that hankerin' starts simmerin' than you'll know what's what. And then try forcing yourself to wait until your self-imposed deadline. ;)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:05 amWhy wouldn't they release that on PS4? I mean, if it can go on Switch... sigh.
You must have missed where I said:
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:51 pmBy the way, it’s coming out for PS4 as well.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:06 am Here's my suggestion. Tell yourself that you can't play anything at all until 2024...and try to stick to it. If that hankerin' starts simmerin' than you'll know what's what. And then try forcing yourself to wait until your self-imposed deadline. ;)
Hmmm... that's not a bad idea.

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:08 am You must have missed where I said:

By the way, it’s coming out for PS4 as well.
Yes I did. Why is argyle on here spreading misinformation? :x

Dang, just realized it's not coming until March 2024. I might have a PS5 by then, or another Switch, or a Series X. Or I might have abandoned gaming entirely. Or I might be dead! Who knows??
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:26 am
Phaseknox wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:08 am You must have missed where I said:

By the way, it’s coming out for PS4 as well.
Yes I did. Why is argyle on here spreading misinformation? :x
Because he wants us to get a current gen console. :P
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 298: 9/16/23: EA Sports FC 24/Lies of P/Mortal Kombat 1/Payday 3 Edition

Post by argyle »

Well wherever it was that I looked they didn't mention the PS4. *shrug*

I'll probably get it for the Switch anyway, since that's what I prefer to game/collect for as long as there aren't any serious performance issues (and since this is a 2D game, there probably won't be).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 298: 9/16/23: EA Sports FC 24/Lies of P/Mortal Kombat 1/Payday 3 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:43 amWell wherever it was that I looked they didn't mention the PS4. *shrug*
It says which platforms that it’s coming out for in the trailer that you posted. :P
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

:o :shock: :( :? :cry: ...WHAT THE **** SEGA, YOU CANNOT JUST CASUALLY DO **** LIKE THIS! Seriously, if you want to go in clean, DO NOT click this trailer. If you DO NOT want to be consumed by blind, inexhaustible rage, DO NOT click.

If you don't watch...story looks GREAT! Buh buh buh... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

argyle

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:18 am :o :shock: :( :? :cry: ...WHAT THE **** SEGA, YOU CANNOT JUST CASUALLY DO **** LIKE THIS! Seriously, if you want to go in clean, DO NOT click this trailer. If you DO NOT want to be consumed by blind, inexhaustible rage, DO NOT click.

If you don't watch...story looks GREAT! Buh buh buh... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That looks awesome - I gotta finish the first one. I think that inspired me to fire it up as soon as I finish Souldiers.

Made a wallpaper from a screen grab. ;)
Like A Dragon - Infinite Wealth group.png
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:18 am :o :shock: :( :? :cry: ...WHAT THE **** SEGA, YOU CANNOT JUST CASUALLY DO **** LIKE THIS! Seriously, if you want to go in clean, DO NOT click this trailer. If you DO NOT want to be consumed by blind, inexhaustible rage, DO NOT click.

That seemed like one of those 80s trailers where they basically tell you the entire plot and spoil everything. But hopefully, that's not the case!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I finished up The Pillars of the Earth. I have to say that it was a good story, and considering it was based on a popular novel, I guess that makes sense. It was a little slow at times and it certainly skewed more towards visual novel than point and click - there were no *real* puzzles really, just a straight narrative. But what it did, it did well enough. There was all sorts of intrigue and shady dealings along with sympathetic characters and detestable villains, and if you enjoy a tale where comeuppance deserved is comeuppance received, it has something to offer for you. And there's even a love story woven into all the chaos. But there was plenty of tragedy along the way, including the central tragedy that formed the backbone of the entire plot. Anyway, I'm glad I experienced it.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!