The Backlog Check-in Vol. 308: 11/25/23: Turnip Boy Robs a Bank Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 308: 11/25/23: Turnip Boy Robs a Bank Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Alright j. crim and phase - help us out. How am I supposed to know what to play next. Don't expect me to make up my own mind.

I came up with a solution to cane's partial rankings. Since he only ranked 3 games, I had to divide the remaining 28 available points across the 7 other games, giving each of those titles 4 points each. It still gives his rankings a bit of extra weight, but it was the best option I could think of, and better than giving those 7 games 0 points, which would have really unbalanced his votes.

Now I'm just waiting on you other 3 to help me (and argyle and cane) out so I can play something. :P

Edit: In the mean time I'm going through more of Chronicon's post-game so that hopefully I can rank it in my year-end list. I've played it for 50 hours, but it still feels like I haven't given it enough time and attention to properly review and rank. But I'm getting there.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:42 pmAlright j. crim and phase - help us out. How am I supposed to know what to play next. Don't expect me to make up my own mind.

I came up with a solution to cane's partial rankings. Since he only ranked 3 games, I had to divide the remaining 28 available points across the 7 other games, giving each of those titles 4 points each. It still gives his rankings a bit of extra weight, but it was the best option I could think of, and better than giving those 7 games 0 points, which would have really unbalanced his votes.

Now I'm just waiting on you other 3 to help me (and argyle and cane) out so I can play something. :P
I ranked all 10 for you despite only playing 3 of them. I’m currently playing Persona 4 which I feel counts for this thing that we’re doing because it’s a game that I played in the past, but didn’t finish.
isthatallyougot

Thanks phase, and yeah I suppose that fits, but you picked it for yourself. :P

Now, I just need j and crim to help me (and argyle and cane) out or let us know they aren't going to do it. Crim, you better do it - it was your idea, lol.

There's still the possibility of a shift in the top spot, so I'm excited to see what I'll play.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:31 pmI suppose that fits, but you picked it for yourself. :P
Well it’s what I’ve already been playing for a while now, and I still have more of it left to play. It fits the criteria that crim made about playing an older game that you played in the past, but didn’t finish.

Here’s my rankings for canedaddy’s and argyle’s lists:

Canedaddy
1. Spider-Man
2. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
3. Dragon Quest Builders 2
4. Alan Wake Remastered
5. The Messenger

Argyle
1. A Hat in Time
2. The Wild at Heart
3. The Wonderful 101 Remastered
4. The Ninja Saviours: Return of the Warriors
5. Mad Rat Dead
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Crim: I have this really cool idea, let's all do it!!!!!

Also Crim:
hide.gif
hide.gif (3.97 MiB) Viewed 14792 times

:P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:37 am Crim: I have this really cool idea, let's all do it!!!!!

Also Crim:

hide.gif

IKR. And wasn't he just bragging about all the free time he's got right now.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

You guys are cracking me up. :lol:
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

argyle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:37 am Crim: I have this really cool idea, let's all do it!!!!!

Also Crim:

hide.gif

I am sorry friends! I thought I would have more time like two weeks too soon :P . I will be able to join in the game club fun tomorrow and will set up the thread and post selections for those of you that have jumped in and I will post some for y'all to pick for me.

I also must admit that Like a Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name has been the focus of my meager free time. Since I started it way back on release day, I have clocked about 20 hours in this 8-12 hour game. It continues to be utterly stupid and completely absorbing simultaneously.

Back to watching a Naruto movie for movie night before the kiddo says I am too distracted with my phone and not paying attention, later fam!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

My bad on being MIA...I have no idea why I didn't post last week. :?

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Spider-man 2, Like a Dragon Gaiden

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Put a good amount of time into Gaiden, advancing the story slowly while trying to do side stuff and upgrading Kiryu.