Towers & Powers
Triggerheart Exelica
Trinity Fusion
United 1944
Vertigo 2
White Sands
Witch on the Holy Night
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 310: 12/9/23: Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Like a Dragon Gaiden (platinum)

Now Playing: Spider-man 2

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 42 games

Plat'd Gaiden in 33:13. Great shorter entry in the series and serves as a nice bridge between 6 and 8 for Kiryu's story. Can't wait for Infinite Wealth next month!
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 310: 12/9/23: Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Immortals of Aveum

Last week: Finished nothing, played Star Wars: Jedi Outcast & A Hat In Time

This week: More Star Wars, no doubt. We'll see about AHIT...

Gonna post my thoughts on AHIT in the game club thread. Star Wars is a blast, a really fun game. Story-wise it's some top tier SW content as well - it feels like old-school original SW.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 34

I was starting to enjoy the Amalur Fatesworn DLC when it suddenly turned into the worst parts of Oblivion, with a bunch of "Chaos Gates" you have to go into and close. Ugh. Do not like that at all, but after playing through the main game, the other DLCs and most of this one, I feel compelled to finish. :cry:
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Last week: Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name, Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga, Sakuna, Chained Echoes

Beat: Like A Dragon Gaiden The Man Who Erased His Name. But it really beat me. Emotionally. Right in the goddamn feelings! And left me desperate for Infinite Wealth!!!!!

Bought: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Trilogy, Bayonetta/Vanquish, Crono Cross, Scribblenauts Dual Pack

This week: Lego Star Wars, Sakuna... Trails of Cold Steel? Maybe? Possibly? We'll see :)

Looking forward to wrapping up a couple more shorties before the year ends and settling into a good rpg to tide me over until Infinite Wealth rules my life probably until summer. I absolutely cannot stand the wait for that game, it is agonizing in the best way. RGG got me hyped!!!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Persona 4 Golden, and my opinion of it is pretty much the same as it was when I originally played it back in 2008. It’s good, but not as good as Persona 3 IMO. It’s more of a high school life/friendship social sim than an actual game. The only real gameplay is the brief dungeon crawling segments every several hours. Otherwise it’s basically going to school, interacting with your friends and experiencing events. It’s extremely repetitive especially since there’s not that many areas that it takes place in. You go to the same few small areas with the same NPCs in the same spots over and over again for its entire 70 hours. The main story is pretty dumb, but the characters, their interactions with each other and the events that occur throughout make it entertaining. It’s longer than it should be, but I still enjoyed most of it due to its cast of characters, humor and events. I’m looking forward to Persona 3 Reload since Persona 3 is my favorite Persona game.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Random aside: I started playing God of War 2018 last night for no real reason. Two hours later, imma probably go ahead and beat it. First things first: still ***** that ****ing ****boi Kratos. He just sucks. My wife was doing holiday decorations in the basement and I have her the lowdown on Kratos. She couldn't have rolled her eyes harder when I explained why the excessively angry, violent bald guy is so ashy :lol: . However, we agreed it's really, really pretty. And said Atreus TWICE. I was shocked he knew boy's name at all. Also, that first fight at his house sold me. I want to know what that guy's deal is. He annoyed the hell out of my wife who insisted I change tactics since he couldn't feel anything so obviously I must be doing something wrong :lol: . So I will continue on. I am finally intrigued by a God of War game!

Oh and Phase: I loved P4 Golden. I might like P5 Royal a bit more, I would have to think about it. I may give P3 a go but I remember not caring for it after multiple attempts on PS2 and the PSP. The PSP one came with that cool cap I wore for years though :P . It just didn't grab me in any form. The new one looks pretty, I hope you enjoy it! Infinite Wealth will be monopolizing my time since they release so close so maybe I will give P3 another go on discount in 2025 :) .