The Backlog Check-in Vol. 315: 1/13/24: Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 315: 1/13/24: Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
All Quiet in the Trenches
Another Code: Recollection
Arclands
Bahnsen Knights
Bulletstorm VR
Choo-Choo Charles
Contain
Crumbling
The Cub
Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator
DreadOut 2
The Fancy Pants Adventures: Classic Pack!
Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion Wars
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
The Last Flame
The Last of Us Part II Remastered
New Cycle
Palworld
The Pedestrian
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
Rising Lords
Sovereign Syndicate
Time Survivors
Toy Trains VR
Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
Vertigo 2
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs: The Thrilling Steamy Maze Kiwami
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 315: 1/13/24: Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Are you taking a gaming break, or just not finding anything that interests you?

Played recently: Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35

Still having a great time with Ichiban and the crew. I've got six party members now. Not sure how much to swap jobs with them. Any advice, j or crim? Does it matter? I know you need a hammer to get to some areas, but otherwise...
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 315: 1/13/24: Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

[https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... pYIreFtaPK

That link is to a Youtube playlist. You want videos 6, 26, 27, 28. 6 will give you the overview of how to use the job system. 26 will give you the best job classes for each (though once you get the character with the attack Head Trauma, you have won the game. That character is your TG Cid if you played FFT). 27 has some amazingly good tips which leads to 28, the management minigame which has two amazing prizes (one is a whole ass character and the other...well, complete the mingame). Everything I would type, this cat says in a really cool voice. You're welcome 8-) .

Played: Digimon Cybersleuth, plat'd The Man Who Erased His Name, Vampire Survivors, D&D Chronicles of Mystara, The Witcher 3 (which I STILL am failing to see the appeal of for some reason). Oh and FF Strangers of Paradise isn't clicking either.

Bought: Fenyx...Immortal whatever it was called and Portal 1 and 2 and Pathfinder Kingmaker all for the Steam Deck.

This week: More Cybersleuth, starting .hack Last Recode on the Steam Deck. I like the Steam Deck. A lot.

VERY IMPATIENTLY AWAITING INFINITE WEALTH OVER HERE, SEGA!!!!

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Crim (and argyle) and anyone else who loved Vampire Survivors. (It's in my backlog, but I haven't fired it up.)

Anyway there's a similar game on Steam (don't know if it's Deck compatible or not) that I picked up a while back that looks awesome to me. (I've installed it but haven't started it yet.)

As for my own gaming time, I just finished up Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES - that Doki Doki Panic skin). I had never played it in my youth, so I wanted to rectify one of my gaming sins of omission, ha. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. Obviously it's very different, but the platforming is great and it's just a fun example of that genre. I also heard Miyamoto worked on it heavily, so it's surely Mario in spirit. I feel like I'm a little less of a poser now. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:38 amAre you taking a gaming break, or just not finding anything that interests you?
Last Tuesday I tripped while walking behind the house because it’s uneven dirt ground, and I fell forward severely bending my knee in my prosthetic leg and it popped. It hurts really bad, and is swollen. I had it X-rayed on Wednesday and nothing is broken, but they think that I tore a ligament. I see an orthopedist tomorrow. I’ve been stressed out about it, and haven’t been in the mood to game.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:09 pm Last Tuesday I tripped while walking behind the house because it’s uneven dirt ground, and I fell forward severely bending my knee in my prosthetic leg and it popped. It hurts really bad, and is swollen. I had it X-rayed on Wednesday and nothing is broken, but they think that I tore a ligament. I see an orthopedist tomorrow. I’ve been stressed out about it, and haven’t been in the mood to game.
Aw man... sorry to hear that. Hope you won't need surgery or anything.

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:02 pm [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... pYIreFtaPK

That link is to a Youtube playlist. You want videos 6, 26, 27, 28. 6 will give you the overview of how to use the job system. 26 will give you the best job classes for each (though once you get the character with the attack Head Trauma, you have won the game. That character is your TG Cid if you played FFT). 27 has some amazingly good tips which leads to 28, the management minigame which has two amazing prizes (one is a whole ass character and the other...well, complete the mingame). Everything I would type, this cat says in a really cool voice. You're welcome 8-) .
Thank you sir! I am typically loath to get any information from YouTube unless it's from Rick Beato, but I will check it out.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:38 am Still having a great time with Ichiban and the crew. I've got six party members now. Not sure how much to swap jobs with them. Any advice, j or crim? Does it matter? I know you need a hammer to get to some areas, but otherwise...
I think I just tried to have a good mix and try different things out. A few jobs are exclusive to certain characters though that does not mean they are the best for them.
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:09 pm Last Tuesday I tripped while walking behind the house because it’s uneven dirt ground, and I fell forward severely bending my knee in my prosthetic leg and it popped. It hurts really bad, and is swollen. I had it X-rayed on Wednesday and nothing is broken, but they think that I tore a ligament. I see an orthopedist tomorrow. I’ve been stressed out about it, and haven’t been in the mood to game.
:cry: Bummer, Phase. I hope you get some good news tomorrow and are back to normal quickly!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Has anyone seen this? It's expensive, but would be neat to read through...I'm on the fence.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

No problem old man, I figured because old you might not be on the YouTube tip :P .

Phase, I hope you get some good news and this is just a blip for you friend.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah, hang in there phase. Every down period is followed by up, sooner or later.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!