The Backlog Check-in Vol. 316: 1/20/24: Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth/Tekken 8 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 316: 1/20/24: Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth/Tekken 8 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Gylt

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Gylt

Added: Nothing

Games releasing this week
Anomaly Agent
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th Redux
Devil Inside Us: Roots of Evil
Enshrouded
Go Mecha Ball
Graven
Grime
Hidden Through Time 2: Myths & Magic
Hitman: Blood Money Reprisal
Immortality
The Legend of Steel Empire
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Lil Guardsman
Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters
Oblivion Override
Phantom Abyss
Rearview Mirror
Red Glare
Roots of Yggdrasil
Stargate: Timekeepers
Stumble Guys
Tekken 8
Toribash Next
Touhou Luna Nights
Under Night In-Birth II Sys:Celes
Unforetold: Witchstone
The Universim
Witch Rise
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 316: 1/20/24: Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth/Tekken 8 Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Tinykin, Last Day of June, Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos

Last week: Finished nothing, played Star Ocean: SSR & Goat Simulator 3

This week: Same

Goat Simulator 3 is amazing. Seriously, you all NEED to play it. It's what I'd call a true sandbox game because you can do pretty much whatever you want and just messing around is half the fun. But they really stepped this game up from the first one (there is no Goat Simulator 2 - that's the joke) by giving you tons of little goals to work towards in every area of the pretty big & varied map. Also TONS of unlockables, many of which have special abilities tied to them as well. It's just an insanely good time - I think I already have close to 20 hours into it and I just started playing it last week. O.o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 316: 1/20/24: Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth/Tekken 8 Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:59 am Playing: Gylt
What on earth is Gylt?

argyle wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:30 am Goat Simulator 3 is amazing. Seriously, you all NEED to play it. It's what I'd call a true sandbox game because you can do pretty much whatever you want and just messing around is half the fun. But they really stepped this game up from the first one (there is no Goat Simulator 2 - that's the joke) by giving you tons of little goals to work towards in every area of the pretty big & varied map. Also TONS of unlockables, many of which have special abilities tied to them as well. It's just an insanely good time - I think I already have close to 20 hours into it and I just started playing it last week. O.o
Well I don't think you've ever steered me wrong, so adding it to the list. :P

Played recently: Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 35

So I'm in Chapter 12 of Like a Dragon and having a grand ol' time, when I find myself in a fight with two old friends from the series ... :shock: ... and get my proverbial ass handed to me. Even though I've done a whole lot of side stuff, I'm 12ish levels below those dudes. Guess it's time to grind! Fortunately they provide a good place for that (already did the first five floors).
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:31 am
What on earth is Gylt?
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm about to start up Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 (My Summer Vacation 2: Sea Adventure Chapter) for PS2. I had been wanting to play it ever since I learned about it years ago, but there was no translation. Finally towards the end of last year, an excellent translation was released, so I can *finally* see if it's as great as I imagine it will be. I hope it lives up to my hopes because I've held it as a sort of white whale for years and years. I'm trying to go in with a realistic mindset, but I can't help being a little giddy. :P Here's hoping it will ultimately have been worth the long wait.

Here's the original trailer for any of you guys who are unfamiliar:

Please help me temper my expectations! :P (I could have learned Japanese in the interim, lol.)

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:56 am
canedaddy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:31 am
What on earth is Gylt?
Never heard of it, but it looks really good (and it's Tequila Works, so it probably is).
isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:34 pm I'm about to start up Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 (My Summer Vacation 2: Sea Adventure Chapter) for PS2. I had been wanting to play it ever since I learned about it years ago, but there was no translation. Finally towards the end of last year, an excellent translation was released, so I can *finally* see if it's as great as I imagine it will be. I hope it lives up to my hopes because I've held it as a sort of white whale for years and years. I'm trying to go in with a realistic mindset, but I can't help being a little giddy. :P Here's hoping it will ultimately have been worth the long wait.

Please help me temper my expectations! :P (I could have learned Japanese in the interim, lol.)
NGL, that looks great - I'm grabbing the rom now. ;) Got a link to the translation patch?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:45 pm NGL, that looks great - I'm grabbing the rom now. ;) Got a link to the translation patch?
https://cdromance.com/ps2-iso/boku-no-n ... umi-2-jpn/ (It's a safe site. I checked, but of course as always, a good idea to scan your files, obviously.)

It's down at the bottom where it says "show download links" in the gray box. (in case it wasn't obvious) You want the top one which includes the ROM and the English patch - complete.

I started it up, and I'm really enjoying the cozy vibes so far. I only played until the first night, but I found 2 awesome bottle caps already. :P The control scheme is a bit awkward - tank controls where you turn with the d-pad and press x to move in the direction you are facing. I got used to it pretty quickly though, even if it is kind of strange and outdated. But the vibe is very "hopeful and youthful adventure" - that type of optimism where anything is possible and you're just glad to be alive and curious. Ahh youth! (At least I'm still young at heart while the body withers. :P) I love that sort of mood. Hope we both enjoy it.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:56 am
Huh. I'm not into survival horror but it does look pretty cool.

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:34 pm I'm about to start up Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 (My Summer Vacation 2: Sea Adventure Chapter) for PS2. I had been wanting to play it ever since I learned about it years ago, but there was no translation. Finally towards the end of last year, an excellent translation was released, so I can *finally* see if it's as great as I imagine it will be. I hope it lives up to my hopes because I've held it as a sort of white whale for years and years. I'm trying to go in with a realistic mindset, but I can't help being a little giddy. :P Here's hoping it will ultimately have been worth the long wait.

I wish I could help you but that looks awesome! 100% a cane game.

Crim, I meant to thank you for hooking me up with the Like a Dragon job and business management guides.

I was pretty much doing what the former suggested on my own. I just switched Namba from musician to host per the guide.

As for the management, I started digging into that in earnest last night. I might actually take it as far as it can go, just to see what that does for the character in question. And to get lots and lots of MONEY.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Windbound

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 42 games

I am working on Windbound with Infinite Wealth being delivered tomorrow - can't wait!
isthatallyougot

jfissel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:42 pm I am working on Windbound with Infinite Wealth being delivered tomorrow - can't wait!
Has Windbound been clicking for you or is it a tedious chore, like for so many others?