The Backlog Check-in Vol. 323: 3/9/24: Contra: Operation Galuga Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 323: 3/9/24: Contra: Operation Galuga Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Burnhouse Lane, Indivisible, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Added: Burnhouse Lane, Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition, Escape Dead Island, Isekai Rondo, Maglam Lord, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Star Trek, Teslagrad 2, Trinity Fusion, Wavetale, Weird West

I started playing Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, and I’m digging it. It’s a co-op third person cover shooter spin-off game in the Resident Evil series, and nothing like the main survival horror games. But I knew that going in, and I’m enjoying it for what it is. It’s a pure action shooter with you and three AI squad mates making your way through linear levels killing waves of soldiers, mobs of zombies and other RE enemies. The graphics are really good, and the gameplay is solid. It’s somewhat typical for the third person shooter genre, but still fun offering nonstop action.

Games releasing this week
Bing in Wonderland
Cartel Tycoon
Contra: Operation Galuga
Crown Wars: The Black Prince
Cybertrash Statyx
Death of a Wish
Death Trick: Double Blind
Empty Shell
Esport Godfather
Goblin Stone
Highwater
Hotel Renovator
Ib
Lawn Mowing Simulator
Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story
Little Cities: Bigger!
Outcast: A New Beginning
Paint the Town Red
Passing By - A Tailwind Journey
PJ Masks Power Heroes: Mighty Alliance
Rebel Transmute
Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection
Tower of Fantasy x Evangelion
Unables
Violet Wisteria
Voice Love on Air
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 323: 3/9/24: Contra: Operation Galuga Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Now Playing: Windbound, Powerwash Simulator: Warhammer 40k DLC

Added to Backlog: Powerwash Simulator: Warhammer 40k DLC

Current Backlog: 43 games

Infinite Wealth is completed! Well, I still have 2 trophies before platinum - level 70 and finishing one of the dungeons. I was slightly disappointed in a few things, but overall a fantastic entry to the series!

Hurry up, crim! I need to discuss this with someone! :lol:
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sorry j, almost 70 hours in and only on chapter 6 still. I got my
satellite laser
though for finishing the Dondoko Island story...and then staying there to get the 100 guest trophy...and then probably going back to finish the encyclopedia...and then going back again for pure funsies. :P

Played: Infinite Wealth, Mega Man Battle Network...I am so close to the end after one of the absolute worst dungeons I have ever encountered. Now I kinda just want to finish it out of spite. Hope the next one is NOT like this in terms of dungeon design because the loop is otherwise fun.

Bought: Nothing

Beat:... Dondoko Island. I miss it already :cry: ...

Still humming along in Infinite Wealth. Probably going to work on Mega Man Battle Network to beat the first one and then move on to something else on Steam Deck for the commute.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Guardians of the Galaxy (Xbox), Tin & Kuna, Civilization VI, Unicorn Overlord (all Switch)

Last week: Finished nothing, played Grindstone, Vampire Survivors, Unicorn Overlord, Kaze

This week: Same.

Unicorn Overlord is fantastic. I'm about 6 hours in, and I already love it. Everything about it is top-notch, from the gorgeous hand-drawn graphics to the voice acting, dialog, and of course the gameplay. There's a ton of depth, but they do a great job of easing you into everything. I can't wait to sit down & put some more time into it.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Yo. I beat Mega Man Battle Network 1 today. What in the entire **** was that ****?!?!? That plot twist exposition dump out of nowhere at literally the penultimate screen was a whole goddamn lot. What a weird ass game! I mean I am glad I stuck with it for nothing else but that bat**** twist...it kinda makes me see what the hell they do next. It's so dumb and weird...
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Sea of Stars

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 34

I'm having a great time with Sea of Stars. Fun game. I guess I'm halfway through or so? Not sure.