Search found 1727 matches
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:38 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 457: 10/3/26: Kingdom Hearts Edition
- Replies: 4
- Views: 84
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 457: 10/3/26: Kingdom Hearts Edition
I finished up Onimusha 3, and it was a fun game overall. It was on par with the first two entries, at least from memory, although I think the production values were amped up a few notches. Plenty of action and there was a nice sense of pacing between the hacking and slashing, the narrative and the ...
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:31 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition
- Replies: 7
- Views: 408
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition
My half-assed version of that is Backloggery. I don't write much (if anything) for most games, but at least it helps me keep track of what I've played and when I played it.
It seem like there are so many of those tracking/cataloging sites nowadays. Many are really cool, but web-sites/businesses ...
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:08 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition
- Replies: 7
- Views: 408
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition
I'm to Balatro what Izzy is to Slay the Spire right now. Just can't put it down. Working on clearing the gold seal difficulty on all the decks right now, and unlocking the few remaining things I still need to get along the way.
As much as I've heard you (and others) talk about Balatro, it must ...
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:55 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition
- Replies: 7
- Views: 408
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 456: 9/28/26: Toem 2 Edition
I'm just starting the third chapter of DQ Builders. Such a fun game. And even though I beat it 10 years ago on Vita, I don't remember a thing so it's like a brand new game! (A silver lining to old age mental failings. :P )
Ha, yeah, nice positive spin. Heck, you don't even need a library ...
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:39 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 455: 9/21/26: Control Resonant Edition
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3956
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 455: 9/21/26: Control Resonant Edition
There's a lot crappy going on in gaming, as usual - but there's still some good stuff too. :)
Yeah, for me, gaming is such a broad and expansive medium, I don't know how anyone with varied interests could possibly complain. And as with so much of life, it's a matter of where you direct your ...
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 4:34 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 455: 9/21/26: Control Resonant Edition
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3956
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 455: 9/21/26: Control Resonant Edition
Played an hour or so of Onimusha 3. I'm interested, but it hasn't gripped me early on.
I'm also really spending a lot of time with Slay the Spire. Really fun, deep and challenging. (And of course OOTP. Please send halp.)
Brief argyle's movie review (TM) via izzy:
Prisoners (2013, Hugh Jackman ...
I'm also really spending a lot of time with Slay the Spire. Really fun, deep and challenging. (And of course OOTP. Please send halp.)
Brief argyle's movie review (TM) via izzy:
Prisoners (2013, Hugh Jackman ...
- Fri Sep 18, 2026 12:01 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 454: 9/12/26: Marvel's Wolverine Edition
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11011
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 454: 9/12/26: Marvel's Wolverine Edition
I have it but haven't felt compelled to play it. I perceived it as a Jean Reno shooty game rather than a cutting-up-demons-with-swords game. I'll have to fire it up soon if it's an argyle fave.
That's funny. All this talk about the series had me thinking about it and I fired up 3 just this ...
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:19 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 454: 9/12/26: Marvel's Wolverine Edition
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11011
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 454: 9/12/26: Marvel's Wolverine Edition
That's a lot of movies monkey! 
I've only played Onimusha 1 & 2 despite having owned them all. I enjoyed both, but I'd probably play the other PS2 entries before trying another one.
I've only played Onimusha 1 & 2 despite having owned them all. I enjoyed both, but I'd probably play the other PS2 entries before trying another one.
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 3:12 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 454: 9/12/26: Marvel's Wolverine Edition
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11011
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 454: 9/12/26: Marvel's Wolverine Edition
Played through the tutorial, the first 3 levels (one of them twice because I missed a gem) and 2 bonus stages of Grapple Dog so far. I can verify, it's good stuff. :) The game has a cute pixel asthetic with a sense of humor that has made me chuckle a few times already. The way they do the babble ...
- Thu Sep 10, 2026 1:02 pm
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 453: 9/5/26: Labor Day Edition
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8647
Re: The Backlog Check-In Vol. 453: 9/5/26: Labor Day Edition
As a longtime O's fan, I'd say YES ABSOLUTELY YOU ARE ABOUT TO DROP 6 IN A ROW AND LOSE YOUR BEST PITCHER TO A HORRIFIC INJURY. But the izzy-managed 1901 Twins are a different story, evidently!
Yes, a different story indeed, apparently. Because now we're 60-11. So, we've been 9-1 since that ...