The Backlog Check-in Vol. 165: 2/27/21: Harvest Moon: One World Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 165: 2/27/21: Harvest Moon: One World Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors

Finished: The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors

Playing: ?

Added: The Bard’s Tale Remastered and Resnarkled, Blaster Master Zero 2, Double Dragon IV, Elea Deluxe Edition, Evoland Legendary Edition, The Flame in the Flood Complete Edition, Furwind, Hollow Knight Voidheart Edition, Hyper Light Drifter, Judgment, LEGO Marvel Collection, The Little Acre, The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories, The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors, Outbreak: Lost Hope, Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles, Pinstripe, Raji: An Ancient Epic, Seasons after Fall, Through the Woods, The Town of Light, YesterMorrow

I bought a lot of PS4 digital games that were on sale, one of which is a remastered version of the old SNES classic The Ninja Warriors renamed The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors apparently for legal reasons. I decided to play it, and had a great time with it finishing it in one sitting. It’s a retro 2D side scrolling beat-em-up with colorful pixel art/sprite graphics, and fun combat. It feels good to be gaming again. I don’t know what I’m going to play next.

Games releasing this week
Asdivine Cross
Bang-On Balls: Chronicles
Everhood
GraviFire
Ground Zero Texas
Harvest Moon: One World
Kill It With Fire
Loop Hero
Maquette
Monster Jam Steel Titans 2
Neptunia Virtual Stars
Postal Redux
Ranch Sim
Sea of Solitude
Sir Lovelot
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 165: 2/27/21: Harvest Moon: One World Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Look at fam Phase finishing a game, go sir! I really liked Ninjawarriors, rented it a bunch. I sucked at it :P .

Played: FF7R (cranked that sucker down to easy because, having way more fun :P ), Puzzle Fighter, Dissidia Duodecim, Puzzle Bobble

Bought: Puzzle Bobble...Oxenfree...Guacamelee 2? I think that's it...

This week: Hopefully finish up FF7R

Not really much time to game this week, things happened because life. Nothing earth shattering, just time consuming. Hopefully I will get back into a groove this week ;) .
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I started playing Crossing Souls, and I’m enjoying it. It’s a retro style top down view 2D pixel art action adventure game that’s cartoonish and comical. It takes place in the 80s, and offers some humorous references to the time period.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Bugsnax

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Started Bugsnax this week and it's wholesome fun. The creature names are great and I think I've already unlocked all of the tools necessary to capture these things (minus maybe 1 sauce), so that goes decently fast. There is some sort of story, but so far it's mainly been completing quests for people in order to convince them to move back to the town...not sure if there's more than that or if they'll keep it simple.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Ratchet and Clank

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 10 (8 PS4, 1 Vita, 1 Switch)

I obeyed izzy and started Ratchet... and couldn't put it down. I'm at the end right now. Such a fun game. Also the level of challenge is just right. I expected it to be easy-peasy but I've died a dozen times.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:26 pm I obeyed izzy and started Ratchet... and couldn't put it down. I'm at the end right now. Such a fun game. Also the level of challenge is just right. I expected it to be easy-peasy but I've died a dozen times.

I had so much fun with it. (and the whole series - one of my absolute favorites) I think I played it 3 or 4 times in a row (opens up file and checks 2018 review...correction - I played it 5 times straight! Wow! Granted I ran through it (very) quickly once turned into "superratchet"), having fun with all sorts of unlockables and modifiers to raise the chaos.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Persona 5 Strikers, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX, Tokyo Ghoul:re Call to Exist, G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout, Mighty Switch Force! Collection, The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2

Last week: Finished nothing, played P5 Royal

This week: P5 Royal, and will start Strikers when/if I wrap that up

150+ hours into P5R now, just passed what would have been the end of vanilla P5 last night, at the beginning of the final Palace that they added w/ the new content. Still loving it. Still looking forward to transitioning straight into Strikers.

BTW, mark me down for another glowing praise of R&C. Honestly cane, when I first saw you mention that that was one of the ones you were thinking of playing my brain defaulted to thinking you meant RE-playing. Guess my brain rejected the idea of anyone not having already played that game. :P

Phase, coincidentally I place an order this past weekend for the physical version of Ninja Saviours. Looks like a blast. :)

I guess FF7R will be staying in my backlog for a bit since the announcement of the PS5 update & Yuffie DLC. Probably just as well I didn't play it last year, I never seem to go back to these RPGs and play the DLC after I've finished them, no matter how interesting it sounds to me (see FFXV). Will be a bit before I pickup a PS5 again, so that makes my short list of already released RPGs I wanna play in the near future (ideally this year):

Ys IX
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Ni no Kuni 2
Dragon Quest XI

...probably in that order. There are others I wouldn't mind getting to, but those are the priorities.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

argyle wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:21 am BTW, mark me down for another glowing praise of R&C. Honestly cane, when I first saw you mention that that was one of the ones you were thinking of playing my brain defaulted to thinking you meant RE-playing. Guess my brain rejected the idea of anyone not having already played that game. :P
Mark me down as someone who also has not played the 2016 R&C. But it's free and I will check it out this year.