The Backlog Check-in Vol. 81: 7/20/19: The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 81: 7/20/19: The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: WWE2K16, Dragonball Xenoverse, Mortal Kombat X (3 for $12), Torment: Tides of Numenera, Warhammer: Vermintide, Yoku's Island Express (3 for $12), Mega Man 11, Banner Saga Trilogy

Last week: Finished Tetris Effect (Journey mode), played Spyro Reignited and a little Dead Cells. Dabbled with a few others.

This week: Should finish Spyro tomorrow, and then I'll find something to occupy my time until Fire Emblem releases next Friday.

Spyro is fantastic. I tell you, I love these PS1 era remakes (the Spyro Trilogy, the Crash games, RE2, etc.). Heck, it was PS2 but throw Ratchet & Clank on that list too. It's like getting to play those fantastic games again & having it feel like the first time. Rumors are that we're probably getting RE3 at some point. Are there any others you guys would like to see?

I'm hyped for the new Fire Emblem, it looks fantastic and I'll be able to play it on my TV unlike the past 2 or 3 releases in the series. Man, I love my Switch. Surprised no one else here has gotten one yet, it has some really amazing games on it and is THE way to play indie titles IMO.
326884bd6c6f1b8912b6c6569c431aa109c0264b.jpeg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 81: 7/20/19: The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:45 pm Are there any others you guys would like to see?
There are tons I'd like to see receive that treatment. I'd like to see the original Silent Hill get an update. I still love the original, but it would be interesting...But Konami. :P

I'd really love to see God Hand get a reimagining too (if done by P*). Of course with its sales, it would never happen most likely. Also King's Field : TAC, Nocturne. Many others.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 81: 7/20/19: The Fire Emblem: Three Houses Edition

Post by canedaddy »

I missed most of the PS1 generation and don't have much nostalgia there, but if we're talking PS2, put me down for remakes of Dark Cloud 2, Steambot Chronicles, Midnight Club III, Tony Hawk's Underground and a few dozen more. :P

Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 37 (15 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Yes, I'm still playing RDR2. Currently at 95.6% and focused on finishing up the challenges. Weapons Expert and Sharpshooter are tough...

- Kill a Grizzly Bear Without Taking Damage, Using Only Throwing Knives

- Disarm Three Enemies Without Reloading or Switching Your Weapon

:shock:
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Judgment

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games

60% done with Judgment and about 35 hours played, currently in chapter 7 out of 12.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Days Gone

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Days Gone

I'm still playing Days Gone, and still enjoying it. And to think that I thought that I was nearing the end before I opened the new area of the map. :lol: That was like the halfway point. It's probably the lengthiest non-RPG that I've played. It has one of the best stories that I've experienced in any medium, and it's fun to play which is why more than a month later I'm still not tired of it yet. Post/zombie apocalypse games are some of my favorites, and this is one of the best that I've played.
argyle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:45 pmSpyro is fantastic. I tell you, I love these PS1 era remakes (the Spyro Trilogy, the Crash games, RE2, etc.). Heck, it was PS2 but throw Ratchet & Clank on that list too. It's like getting to play those fantastic games again & having it feel like the first time. Rumors are that we're probably getting RE3 at some point. Are there any others you guys would like to see?
I thought that Capcom already confirmed that they started developing Resident Evil 3 remake because sales for Resident Evil 2 remake were so good. As for remakes that I would like to see, every PS1 and PS2 game that I liked. :P
argyle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:45 pmMan, I love my Switch. Surprised no one else here has gotten one yet, it has some really amazing games on it and is THE way to play indie titles IMO.
I don't have a need for the portability aspect of it which makes up the majority of its cost, if they made a much cheaper home console only version then I would be all over it for its exclusives. But I have 200+ PS4 games waiting to be played along with many more that are currently out that I want and more coming, so I don't need another game console right now. The next one that I plan on buying is the PS5, but that probably won't be for a few years.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Got the plat on Spyro today. 8-)

Some good ideas so far. Izzy, I want to say that Atlus has actually talked about doing a Nocturne remake. I'd be all over that, what an amazing game.

Started up Hollow Knight on the Switch tonight. Haven't played much, but I'm really digging it so far. Should hold me until I get my hands on Fire Emblem.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:56 pm I want to say that Atlus has actually talked about doing a Nocturne remake.
Do you just want to say it, or did it happen? :P I'd really love that. Nocturne is definitely one of my all-time favorites. I don't think it necessarily needs remaking, but I'd be all over it if they did.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Ordered Dragon Quest Builders 2 today after it was $45 on amazon. Won't be delivered for 1-3 weeks, but that's ok since I'm still playing Judgment. If I finish early, I can always try to knock out a quick game in between.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:45 pm I'm hyped for the new Fire Emblem, it looks fantastic and I'll be able to play it on my TV unlike the past 2 or 3 releases in the series. Man, I love my Switch. Surprised no one else here has gotten one yet, it has some really amazing games on it and is THE way to play indie titles IMO.
I want one, believe me, and that game is probably the No. 1 reason, along with this, of course: