The Backlog Check-in Vol. 83: 8/3/19: August Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 83: 8/3/19: August Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:58 pm In other news, I just found out that a new third person action RPG called Decay of Logos comes out later this month:

It looks really good. It's an indie game that's digital only, and if it's $30 or less i'm going to buy it on day one.
I just put it on my Steam wish list this week coincidentally. Yeah, looks interesting.
Phaseknox wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:58 pm What don't you like about it? It's hard to imagine anyone who likes action adventure games not liking it, but we all have our reasons for liking and disliking certain things.
First, I don't think it's a "bad" game. Great production values, controls well, there's plenty to like. However, I don't like what they've done to Kratos. Where is my rage machine? I don't like the play between Kratos and son, mechanically or in terms of dialogue. And things feel bloated and not well-conceived in terms of upgrades and collectibles. I'll probably have a fair bit more to say about it in my year-end review, and to be fair, I still have plenty of game left I'm sure, so my overall opinion could change - but I don't think so. It's really my biggest disappointment in gaming in a long while at this point.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!