Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 85: 8/17/19: Gamescom Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon

Added: Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Gamescom is this week.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 85: 8/17/19: Remnant: From the Ashes Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 30 games

No idea on the time invested in DQB2, but I'm enjoying it. The story has been moving quicker in the last few areas, however I'm guessing there's still a lot to do.

I believe some things for Driveclub may be on sale this weekend, so I need to fire that up and make sure I get everything I want purchased before it goes away at the end of August.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Finished up the GOW reboot and decided I was in the mood for some classic Kratos, so I started up GOW 3 again.

I also am still playing Harvest Moon : ToTT and PES 2019.

I also started Rule of Rose. I sold my sealed copy on ebay for almost $1,000, and decided to play it anyway via "alternative" means. I've only just started, but it surely seems like it will be dark and creepy.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Yakuza Remastered Collection: 3,4,5 in a nice box and everything on Feb 11, 2020!

Or get them digitally, with Y3 available right now and the other 2 over the next 5-6 months!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:13 amFinished up the GOW reboot
What did you think of it?
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:13 amI also started Rule of Rose. I sold my sealed copy on ebay for almost $1,000, and decided to play it anyway via "alternative" means. I've only just started, but it surely seems like it will be dark and creepy.
I can't believe that some people pay $1,000+ for physical copies of games just to collect them. Anyway, I got Rule of Rose back when it came out and found it to be rather clunky, slow and dull.
jfissel wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:59 pmYakuza Remastered Collection: 3,4,5 in a nice box and everything on Feb 11, 2020!
Just in time for my birthday.
jfissel wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:59 pmOr get them digitally, with Y3 available right now and the other 2 over the next 5-6 months!
No thanks, I have physical copies of Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 so I want physical copies of these too.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:06 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:13 amFinished up the GOW reboot
What did you think of it?
To be brief (I'll be more detailed in my review at the end of the year), I thought it was a great-looking, fun game that didn't live up to the series legacy.
Phaseknox wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:06 pm I can't believe that some people pay $1,000+ for physical copies of games just to collect them. Anyway, I got Rule of Rose back when it came out and found it to be rather clunky, slow and dull.
Yeah, I know. But people have disposable income, so I don't judge. I'm just happy that all my collecting over the years is worth a fair bit. I've been selling bits and pieces of my collection because I just want to minimize possessions/stuff. And I'm more than happy to emulate. (In cases where the product isn't available for purchase physically or digitally.) Rule of Rose runs great on PCSX2. So I feel like I lost nothing. (I care about the experience more than the plastic.) I'm still playing a game I really wanted to play, and I get a bunch of coin. I can't complain.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

jfissel wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:59 pm Image

Yakuza Remastered Collection: 3,4,5 in a nice box and everything on Feb 11, 2020!

Or get them digitally, with Y3 available right now and the other 2 over the next 5-6 months!
It's up on Amazon for preorder! Hurry if you want it!