The Backlog Check-in Vol. 88: 9/7/19: Borderlands 3/Gears 5/GreedFall Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 88: 9/7/19: Borderlands 3/Gears 5/GreedFall Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Code Vein (demo), Decay of Logos

Finished: Code Vein (demo)

Playing: Borderlands 3

Added: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Final Fantasy XIII Remastered, Jagged Alliance: Rage!, Strange Brigade, Titan Quest, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

I'm still playing Decay of Logos, but I think that I got a bug that's preventing me from switching magic. I'm probably going to stop playing it because I've been encountering more bugs than I would like, and I doubt that I will have it finished by Friday when Borderlands 3 comes out. Hopefully when I play it again in the future that there will be an update available that fixes a lot of its issues.

I played and finished the Code Vein demo, and you can read my impressions of it in last week's backlog thread.

Borderlands 3 and GreedFall come out this week, and I want both. If Borderlands 3 wasn't coming out this week then I would definitely buy GreedFall on day one since it's $49.99, but Borderlands 3 is all that I'm going to be playing when it comes out so I can wait to get GreedFall later when it's even cheaper.

The following games come out this week:
Borderlands 3
Daemon X Machina
Gears 5
GreedFall
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 88: 9/7/19: Borderlands 3/Gears 5/GreedFall Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Gears 5, State of Mind, The Messenger

Last week: Finished The Simpsons Arcade, played Bard's Tale IV, Bard's Tale I, Secret of Mana, Diablo 3

This week: More of that, probably some Gears

Would have played some Gears last night, but Xbox Live was done and the game wouldn't let me even start it single player. Didn't MS ppl always used to talk smack about PSN always going down & how their network never does? I swear ever since I picked the 'Bone back up it's been down half of the times I've went to use it, at least.

This week I'm picking up Greedfall which Tam will get the first crack at, and then Daemon X Machina towards the end of the week for myself.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 88: 9/7/19: Borderlands 3/Gears 5/GreedFall Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Sorry I've been away for a bit. I was on vacation for a couple of weeks and I've had a lot of other stuff going on. Hope all you fellows have been well.

Played last week: Red Dead Redemption II

Finished: RDR2!!! :shock:

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 36 (14 PS4, 9 Vita, 7 3DS/2DS, 5 PS2)

Yep, 10 months later, the credits finally rolled on RDR2. I also have 100%.

It's No. 1 on my all-time list without a doubt. I imagine I'll go back to it from time to time just to roam around in that world. Actually, I'm not even finished with it yet. There's a side mission at the end that I want to wrap up, and at least one more thing in the world I want to do that's not part of 100%.

My next game will probably be Borderlands 3, although I probably won't get it until my birthday later this month.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Added to Backlog: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Current Backlog: 30 games

Just 1 more trophy to go in DQB 2 and it's one of those that just takes time. Odyssey was only $15 at amazon for a brief period, so I snagged it since I already bought the season pass for cheap...I should be starting it in October after finishing a couple other games.

Congrats to cane on finishing RDR II and sticking with it until 100%!
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I'm still playing Harvest Moon, PES, and I started up (and beat) Way of the Samurai on PS2, although it's a game that is meant to be replayed multiple times. (It's very short with lots of unlockables, variable paths.) I'll probably give it some more time to see if alternate paths and unlockables are worthwhile.

I've also dabbled a bit in Atari Vault on the PC. Just reminding myself of the roots of gaming and having a bit of fun too.

I finished Rule of Rose, and it didn't live up to my expectations.
canedaddy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:49 pm It's No. 1 on my all-time list without a doubt.
Man I hope they release the PC version soon. I know I'll melt right into that world.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Dragon Quest Builders 2 platinum trophy is in the books! Had a good amount of fun with this game, recommended for DQ fans.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Glad to hear it! You didn't play the first one, right?
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Correct, I did not play the first one. I also never played Minecraft or any clone either.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Was feeling nostalgic for PS1 and so I started Speed Punks, and it's been a really fun cart-racer.

Any of you guys ever play this back in the day?

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:18 pm Was feeling nostalgic for PS1 and so I started Speed Punks, and it's been a really fun cart-racer.

Any of you guys ever play this back in the day?
I don't remember playing it, but man does that cover look familiar.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis